Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confused.....
digitaldiver Offline

Exclamation Confused.....
I'm getting ready to install my HHO Setup and am confused on a couple issues. I'm driving a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi and have all three sensors on board (MAF, MAP, and 4 oxygen) I've purchased your Dual Efie to take care of the 2 O2 sensors before the cat. convertors and was wondering am I going to need to use a MAP sensor enhancer also or will the Eife be enough. Also will anything need to be done with the MAF sensor? And should I feed the HHO gas before or after this sensor? I'm also using a cold air intake instead of the stock air box. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Adam
05-07-2008 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Confused.....
Hi Adam.
I'd go with what you got and see what kind of results you get. It's best to just change one thing at a time so you can see what helps the most.

Most sources say to get the hho as close as possible to the throttle body, but as you noticed a few people like it before the MAF sensor. Guess you'll have to see what works for you.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-07-2008 07:52 PM
digitaldiver Offline

colchiro Wrote:Hi Adam.
I'd go with what you got and see what kind of results you get. It's best to just change one thing at a time so you can see what helps the most.

Most sources say to get the hho as close as possible to the throttle body, but as you noticed a few people like it before the MAF sensor. Guess you'll have to see what works for you.

Thanks Rick,
I'll post my results when I'm all hooked up.
05-07-2008 08:07 PM
jksav7 Offline

Good. I've been wondering how this will work on a Hemi.

digitaldiver Wrote:Thanks Rick,
I'll post my results when I'm all hooked up.
05-08-2008 12:43 AM
kc5ddg Offline

I am in the same boat but 4WD. I was wandering if you have had any success with this. I need to know what I will need soon. I have just about finished the construction of the unit.

(05-07-2008 07:42 PM)digitaldiver Wrote:  I'm getting ready to install my HHO Setup and am confused on a couple issues. I'm driving a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi and have all three sensors on board (MAF, MAP, and 4 oxygen) I've purchased your Dual Efie to take care of the 2 O2 sensors before the cat. convertors and was wondering am I going to need to use a MAP sensor enhancer also or will the Eife be enough. Also will anything need to be done with the MAF sensor? And should I feed the HHO gas before or after this sensor? I'm also using a cold air intake instead of the stock air box. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Adam
01-13-2009 08:38 AM
thomasbala Offline

(05-07-2008 07:42 PM)digitaldiver Wrote:  I'm getting ready to install my HHO Setup and am confused on a couple issues. I'm driving a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi and have all three sensors on board (MAF, MAP, and 4 oxygen) I've purchased your Dual Efie to take care of the 2 O2 sensors before the cat. convertors and was wondering am I going to need to use a MAP sensor enhancer also or will the Eife be enough. Also will anything need to be done with the MAF sensor? And should I feed the HHO gas before or after this sensor? I'm also using a cold air intake instead of the stock air box. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Adam
Watch out for that MAF sensor. Some clean themselves by heating the wire element up almost red hot. If you're pumping HHO over a hot MAF sensor wire you'll oxidate[burn up] the wire and need a new MAF sensor; about $200.00 junkyard price if you can find one. Most MAF sensors nowadays work by heating a wire and detecting the voltage change in the wire as air is passed over it. The more air, the cooler the wireand less resistance. Hot wires and O2 = burned wires. It's like the filament in a light bulb burning out when the glass is cracked letting air in.
01-13-2009 08:49 AM