Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Connect mains PWM to Cell
pdai11 Offline

Connect mains PWM to Cell
I previous state that i am looking to build a mains 240v HHO carbon cleaner and just managed to have some spare cash gathered. Got everything setup but now decided i require a PWM but not sure where and how to connect it.
Will be using a bridge rectifier to convert AC to DC for the Dry Cell.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
I also have a diagram drawn up but don't know how to upload to this thread.
08-14-2012 03:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Connect mains PWM to Cell
Most people just use a rheostat on the incoming A/C voltage. With A/C, voltage is easier to adjust than duty cycle with a PWM. However, you still wouldn't have a constant current circuit. You'd have to manually adjust it.

But if you do use a PWM, you'll need a mosfet with special characteristics, such as being able to tolerate 240 volts. You can find them, but they need serious cooling because they generally have higher resistance through them. You possibly could drive the mosfet using the controls from another PWM, such as this one: http://www.dry-cells.com/components/cons...controller . That would be the fastest and easiest path to a constant current PWM.

Otherwise, you'd have to create your own drive circuit. A simple drive could be made with a 555 timer, but to get your constant current circuitry requires a little more complexity, beyond the scope of a forum post.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-14-2012 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pdai11 Offline

RE: Connect mains PWM to Cell
Hi Mike and thank you very much.
08-14-2012 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply