Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Consensus HHO Generator?
tweeter Offline

Consensus HHO Generator?
Hi All,

I’m just getting started with the HHO mods and have a couple of questions.

After doing some brief research, I decided to buy the Hydro Super 2 for my 1989 Toyota Camry 4-cyl, but had a question about the O2 sensor.

Before laying out my cash, I sent an email, and got a reply from Kenneth Smith. After answering my question about the O2 sensor, he stated, “Also the Mileage booster won’t work at all on that vehicle.”

I fired back another email asking for clarification, but haven’t received a reply yet. Does anyone have any idea why he would say the booster wouldn’t work on this car? (I prefer to buy a finished product rather than build my own.)

Aside from the Hydro Super 2, what is the consensus choice for generators among the members of this forum? With the 2-bolt O2 sensor mount on this Camry, I realize I’ll have to install a single EFIE.

I commute a lot from the St. Pete area to Miami and back, and the long drive is really getting expensive. I’m concerned about the extreme under-hood temps in south Florida in summer, so I would be looking for the setup that results in the lowest temp coming from the generator.

I’ve read most of the posts here and the Tuning for Mileage and I think I’m ready to get started. Any help coming my way would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Dick
-----------------------
1989 Toyota Camry, 4-cyl, (3S-FE)
MagDrive 11a with Single EFIE Deluxe
Largo, Florida
06-23-2008 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Consensus HHO Generator?
Here's what I have accumulated on Toyota sensors.

Notice that the Toyota air-fuel sensor started with some 1997 models in California so you should have a narrow band sensor that will work with an EFIE.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-23-2008 07:21 PM
drip32 Offline

RE: Consensus HHO Generator?
tweeter Wrote:Hi All,

I’m just getting started with the HHO mods and have a couple of questions.

After doing some brief research, I decided to buy the Hydro Super 2 for my 1989 Toyota Camry 4-cyl, but had a question about the O2 sensor.

Before laying out my cash, I sent an email, and got a reply from Kenneth Smith. After answering my question about the O2 sensor, he stated, “Also the Mileage booster won’t work at all on that vehicle.”

I fired back another email asking for clarification, but haven’t received a reply yet. Does anyone have any idea why he would say the booster wouldn’t work on this car? (I prefer to buy a finished product rather than build my own.)

Aside from the Hydro Super 2, what is the consensus choice for generators among the members of this forum? With the 2-bolt O2 sensor mount on this Camry, I realize I’ll have to install a single EFIE.

I commute a lot from the St. Pete area to Miami and back, and the long drive is really getting expensive. I’m concerned about the extreme under-hood temps in south Florida in summer, so I would be looking for the setup that results in the lowest temp coming from the generator.

I’ve read most of the posts here and the Tuning for Mileage and I think I’m ready to get started. Any help coming my way would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A trunk install would be best for you. Any small cars that don't have alot of room under the hood I always install in the trunk. Not as much heat and really accessible. Is it fuel injected? If so then you will have to install a single efie and it shouldn't be too hard to see a good amount of increase on that car. I did a newer camry about a week ago and we got it from 28hwy consistently to 59mpg. So I'm sure with a little help you'll be just fine. If you need any help feel free to ask me. I'll help you any way I can. How many miles on the car? does it need a tune up? All those things will help you also. I have noticed that greatest increases are seen with cars that have been tuned up. Talk to you later.
06-23-2008 07:26 PM
tweeter Offline

Got a reply from Kenneth Smith
I got a reply to his comment about the Mileage Booster not working on the '89 Camry.

"No the Mileage booster ( Map Maf Iat ) adjuster wont work on that car. The Hydro Super 2 will work."

Guess I'll go from there...

As far as the car goes, it is in excellent condition and gets 23-24 mpg around town with the A/C on, 29 or so on the highway with A/C on, and in the winter, 33-34 on the highway with the A/C off. The highway figures are at 70 mph with the cruise control on.

With the electronic fuel injection, all I have been doing is replacing the plugs and air filters regularly, and I did replace the spark plug wires about a year ago. I flush the transmission every 2 years and the antifreeze every year. The car has 258,000 miles on it and I would drive it to Anchorage tomorrow with no hesitation. What else should I be doing for regular maintenance?

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep you posted on my progress and will send some pics of the final setup.

Regards,
Dick
-----------------------
1989 Toyota Camry, 4-cyl, (3S-FE)
MagDrive 11a with Single EFIE Deluxe
Largo, Florida
06-23-2008 08:11 PM