Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cooking with Browns Gas?
ocpaul20 Offline

Cooking with Browns Gas?
Can Browns Gas be used for cooking?

I live in China and there are many suppliers on the Chinese suppliers list who sell BG welding machines, some smaller ones (100L per hour) may not be too expensive and would replace natural gas if a suitable BG supply was substituted. I am not sure if 100L per hour would be enough but they have larger machines and it would totally save on gas bill. The amount of water they consume is approx 0.05L per hour which obviously would have to increase if it was possible to cook with it like normal gas.

I am assuming that it would be possible, but why has no-one bothereed to think of other applications other than car fuel enhancement and welding for this amazing resource? Like miniturising the process and making soldering or wood burning irons for example. The hobby market must be wide open for this technology.

Maybe we could start a thread for alternative uses and then someone might take up the challenge and develop the product we could all buy.
03-26-2013 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jkcerda Offline

RE: Cooking with Browns Gas?
interesting, not sure the output is enough to cook.
03-27-2013 08:50 AM
ocpaul20 Offline

RE: Cooking with Browns Gas?
(03-27-2013 08:50 AM)jkcerda Wrote:  interesting, not sure the output is enough to cook.

How much would we need for it to be the same as natural gas coming out at our stove?
I dont know much about BG, but I have heard that it does not heat water well. I suppose it would be heating the steel pot though if it was used for cooking.
03-27-2013 03:32 PM
mybrid Offline

Rolleyes RE: Cooking with Browns Gas?
(03-27-2013 03:32 PM)ocpaul20 Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 08:50 AM)jkcerda Wrote:  interesting, not sure the output is enough to cook.

How much would we need for it to be the same as natural gas coming out at our stove?
I dont know much about BG, but I have heard that it does not heat water well. I suppose it would be heating the steel pot though if it was used for cooking.
I believe the Korean's are quite advanced in systems using HHo. I have seen a website with cookstoves, welders, carbon removing machines for garages. ( cleaning carbon out of engines).
If I can find it I will forward the link.
Cheers
Gus

You will find some more info on youtube
"Indonesian HHO stove" there are several videos, unfortunately in their language, pictures will tell a lot though.

Also on youtube " EPOCH HHO hydrogen energy-showroom introduction-part 2" That is the best I can do at this time.
Gus
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 04:43 PM by mybrid.)
03-27-2013 04:11 PM