Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DIY - HHO Intake Air Blender
ghahai ghato Offline

DIY - HHO Intake Air Blender
Smile For those who run their HHO into the airbox;
Just something I came up with to properly mix air & HHO in the airbox & intake manifold...

Sample shot

Measure the diameter and do the maths to get the circumference.

Cut a piece of metal sheet about 1.5 - 2" wide and devide it into equal triangles, then fold em down.

Tape it up and fit it in. May be reinforced with duct tape & a cutout UPVC pipe like what I did.

Those with vaccum-HHO can also give it a try coz I've heard people getting a better kick out of it too...Big Grin
12-10-2008 12:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrbillr Offline

RE: DIY - HHO Intake Air Blender
As Seen on TV!!!!! $60 bucks
Tornado Gas Saver:
http://www.tornadofuel-saver.com/?gclid=...Ggodh32ljg

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
12-10-2008 07:09 AM
gtkco Offline

Thanks Ghato. Nice pictures. But not being an engine person I can't sense why this would help at all or if the marketing hype on "tornado" makes any sense either. But as far as HHO goes, I would think that the turbulance of the little amount that we are putting into that volume of air intake ought to mix it up enough. But still, thanks for sharing. It does look cool.
12-10-2008 07:48 AM
realtyroy Offline

Not sure your blender will do all that much but its people like you trying new things that gets HHO advancing to the next level.

Keep experimenting, one of these days you might hit the big one!!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
12-10-2008 08:17 AM
Gary Offline

They proved that the HHO remixes with outside air at an alarming rate by itself. You can have a gas leak and stand there smoking a cigarette with no fear; that stuff is long gone before it can get to ya. As I recall, they had a little engine on HHO, and there was a plate with an igniter on it. When the gas was on, they could hit the button and the igniter would pop the HHO. Then they loosened the connection to the thing, creating a leak. WITH it leaking, the igniter wouldn't light the gas just on the other side of this plate. And that is without any velocity to mix or disperse the gas. It just does it naturally.
I agree it's good to be thinking though.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2008 07:33 PM by Gary.)
12-10-2008 07:32 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Thanks for the comments....
I would appreciate it if you guys could try it out and post the results be it whatever...

Thanx. Good Luck!
12-10-2008 09:37 PM
alpha-dog Offline

ghahai ghato Wrote:Thanks for the comments....
I would appreciate it if you guys could try it out and post the results be it whatever...

Thanx. Good Luck!

I've been thinking about getting rid of my stock intake and putting a tube on. Maybe this with a venturie in front of it for the HHO could make an excellent delivery system. I like your idea.
Russ
12-14-2008 02:56 PM
Gary Offline

I have a few thoughts on that. Warm air into the intake helps with FE. By putting a tube unit on, you are adding colder air (to some degree) and although it's good for power, it probably isn't best for FE. I've even been thinking of ducting hot air from the manifold into the engine.
12-14-2008 06:24 PM
alpha-dog Offline

Gary Wrote:I have a few thoughts on that. Warm air into the intake helps with FE. By putting a tube unit on, you are adding colder air (to some degree) and although it's good for power, it probably isn't best for FE. I've even been thinking of ducting hot air from the manifold into the engine.

At present I have blocked off my cold air intake and drilled two 2 1/2 " holes on the engine side of my air box. I was thinking of the tube because I thought it might mix HHO with incomming air better. There is never any prefect answer to this but I fell I need a better HHO delivery to my engine.
Russ
12-14-2008 06:40 PM
Gary Offline

Well, with the longer plenums, more turns and so forth of stock intakes, your mixing would be better served with them. I still think it's redundant inasmuch as HHO mixes instantly with ambient air.
12-14-2008 07:55 PM