Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dc adapters
jkcerda Offline

Dc adapters
Has anybody tried using a dc adapter to power their units?
Hi. New here
Just started messing around here, tried a wet cell design with 20 plates, I was NIT happy at a with the results, switching to a dry cell design, looking at getting components right now , I work in a sheet metal shop and I'm lucky I get to do as I please as long as I pay for the material and do the work myself during the guys lunch hour.

Anyways I would appreciate help here with designs, I'll upload pics of the one I did tomorrow
03-24-2013 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jkcerda Offline

RE: Dc adapters
pics
[Image: 535897_537673402942696_1519933730_n.jpg]
03-25-2013 07:02 AM
hhofox Offline

Hi, and welcome. Research it and you'll see that AMPs are the problem. I don't know of any regular DC adapter that can supply sufficient amps to run a cell for car use (that is, to make enough HHO.)
It would be better if you made a cell that uses 110v and a few amps...but you'd need many plates for that. Just do the math and you'll see.
Oh, for quicker, safer, cheaper, and easier results, just check out HCS (like HHO) in the link below.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydroca...em?page=90
03-25-2013 07:42 AM
jkcerda Offline

(03-25-2013 07:42 AM)hhofox Wrote:  Hi, and welcome. Research it and you'll see that AMPs are the problem. I don't know of any regular DC adapter that can supply sufficient amps to run a cell for car use (that is, to make enough HHO.)
It would be better if you made a cell that uses 110v and a few amps...but you'd need many plates for that. Just do the math and you'll see.
Oh, for quicker, safer, cheaper, and easier results, just check out HCS (like HHO) in the link below.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydroca...em?page=90

Thanks, I was fishing around & did read that you want decent amperage on the dry cells.
I want to put this in a car.
03-25-2013 08:03 AM
hhofox Offline

You'd need to install a power inverter to put the 110v version in your car. Easy enough to do, and greater production -but more plates and more space required.
03-25-2013 12:45 PM
jkcerda Offline

(03-25-2013 12:45 PM)hhofox Wrote:  You'd need to install a power inverter to put the 110v version in your car. Easy enough to do, and greater production -but more plates and more space required.
changed from original picture, I had 2 washers on the initial set up, changed to one washer, put the plates on the timesaver (did a line grain on them) & adjusted my space to just one washer per side, production WAS increased, not sure how much, still not happy with it, plates are Ø 3.460" .

using baking soda until i get the bottle of KOH that I ordered.

I have 25 plates on my test unit, I can go to 40 in a snap.

03-25-2013 02:10 PM