Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Determined But Confused!
Liveguy Offline

Determined But Confused!
Hi,

I was wondering can some people help me. I drive a 1996 Honda CR-V SUV 2.0L automatic. I have installed a single HHO Cell and seems to be working very well. My electrolyte is normal baking soda and my o2 sensor is wrapped.

Usually Honda CR-V's cover 325 miles per full tank. After filling her up to 51 litres I began my testing. I noticed the first quarter of a tank I clocked up 150 miles which equates to 48 miles per gallon as opposed to the factory settings of 25 mpg. Then the second quarter of a tank yielded me only 70 miles which is 22.5 mpg. At this stage I will be lucky if I make another 100 miles the way the needle is dropping. Can anybody tell me what has happened here?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Thanks, Liveguy, Ireland.
07-30-2008 03:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Determined But Confused!
Well, you've got a start, but your car's computer (ECU) is getting wise and starting to compensate.

Time to think about installing an EFIE and modding your sensors (see my Tuning for Mileage link for the sensors).

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-30-2008 03:57 PM
PanamaRik Offline

Fuel gauges are notorious for moving at different rates in each quarter and not a reliable method for testing.

Did you take a mileage reading when you filled the tank? If you did it's an easy job to calculate fuel used. Just fill the tank again, preferably at the same gas station, and then subtract the old reading from the new. That gives you the miles covered for the amount of gas you add. Divide the miles by the gallons and there's you mpg Smile

PanamaRik

Liveguy Wrote:Hi,

I was wondering can some people help me. I drive a 1996 Honda CR-V SUV 2.0L automatic. I have installed a single HHO Cell and seems to be working very well. My electrolyte is normal baking soda and my o2 sensor is wrapped.

Usually Honda CR-V's cover 325 miles per full tank. After filling her up to 51 litres I began my testing. I noticed the first quarter of a tank I clocked up 150 miles which equates to 48 miles per gallon as opposed to the factory settings of 25 mpg. Then the second quarter of a tank yielded me only 70 miles which is 22.5 mpg. At this stage I will be lucky if I make another 100 miles the way the needle is dropping. Can anybody tell me what has happened here?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Thanks, Liveguy, Ireland.

Drop by my site at http://gassaver.panamacentric.com and say 'Hi' Rik
07-30-2008 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Liveguy Offline

Hey Rick & Rik,

Thanks for the feedback. Calculating mpg is easy enough to do. I thought that by wrapping my O2 sensors that would deal with the computer issue but obviously it hasn't. I purchased a dual MAP enhancer from a Water4Gas merchant so I think I will have to install that myself because every other mechanic in my area doesn't want to go near it because they don't want to be liable for any resulting issues from the ECU.

Are there easy to implement instructions anywhere to enable me to do this. I am handy, certainly not a mechanic but fairly good with my hands. I know I started good and know that I can get close to my goal of 50 mpg, it's just keeping it there now.

Also I was wondering would using Caustic Soda instead of baking soda make any great differences for me?

Cheers! Liveguy
07-31-2008 02:38 AM
colchiro Offline

Baking soda is notorious for rusting plates.

See my Tuning for Mileage link for more info on modding sensors.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-31-2008 02:49 PM
2nites Offline

I am new to all this. I am interested to know if you built your own generator or bought one already made.
07-31-2008 03:04 PM
Liveguy Offline

Hey 2nites. I am relatively new to this also. I didn't build my own generator but am building my next one. I am ordering the materials as we speak. I purchased the one I have at the moment from a Water4Gas merchant. It has the full spec and it works very well. My next one will have more steel wrapping and 1 single HHO output which I believe is sufficient. Extra steel will produce more HHO. I will also be using caustic soda as my electrolyte as baking soda rusts the crap out of the steel plus caustic soda yields a clear base solution unlike baking soda, you get that murky brown colour which does make visability difficult.

You will know more today than you did yesterday, your understanding will grown in this subject. I am still very new to this, only a few weeks but I know a heck of alot more than then. It's a process that will take tweaking on your vehicle but you will get there and once you do, you can tackle another vehicle. I know what I am talking about despite my limited knowledge. I have experienced nearly 50 mpg on my 25 mpg CRV, my challenge now is to keep these readings consistent which I believe I will very shortly.

Exciting stuff!
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2008 03:29 PM by Liveguy.)
07-31-2008 03:27 PM