Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Digital EFIE
umim Offline

Digital EFIE
I LOVE this Digital EFIE idea and explanation how it works. I thing this is THE ONLY way to go! Thing is, I have only one pre and one post O2 sensor. I do not need DUAL or Quad EFIE. I tried manipulating my post O2 sensor, it didn't make any different in MPG gain. I need just SINGLE digital EFIE, but in the store (here) Mike is offering DUAL (out of stock) or Quad EFIE. It looks like I have to shop around, because I'm not willing to pay about $100.00 for something I'll never use to it's full potential. Do not take me wrong, I believe there are some people, who need dual or quad (??), but lots of people need just single EFIE.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2009 04:58 PM by umim.)
06-05-2009 06:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Digital EFIE
If I needed a narrow band efie, it'd be my first choice. (My vehicles are wideband.)

When you consider assembly and development costs, it doesn't cost much more to make a double. The additional development expenses to design and manufacture a single unit would make the single cost about the same as the double in the short term.

Unfortunately I don't think you have a lot of choices elsewhere. AFAIK, Mike has the only true wide-band and I'm not aware of any other sources for a digital efie like his, especially a single.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-05-2009 02:48 PM
umim Offline

I understand your point. How come this theory did not apply to line of "old" EFIEs in the store. There is a variety of product with different pricing. Single, dual, deluxe, basic.......That was my "point".
06-05-2009 05:03 PM
colchiro Offline

First of all, I'm just the moderator for the forum and provide some forum support. Mike obviously would know more and my comments are just speculation.

The original efie has been on the market for years and was a design used by a number of companies. When you've been selling a similar design for 5 or more years (just a guess), it'd be natural for a single and double unit to evolve. This model has only been for sale for a few months and Mike decided the double fit most people's needs. I think he'd like to recoup his substantial development costs before moving forward with a model for a smaller market. I know it cost him a lot of money to have the wideband and digital efies developed and business has dropped with the cheaper gas prices.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-05-2009 05:54 PM
umim Offline

You right,,,I know. It was just "loud thinking". Everybody's trying to save money, so buying double or quad.....double is still out of stock anyway. Thanx for reply.
06-05-2009 07:41 PM
colchiro Offline

No problem.

Rick

06-05-2009 08:22 PM