Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Digital EIFE Question
dkersey Offline

Digital EIFE Question
I have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L MFI Engine. Great Truck. I like it a lot bu the mileage sucks. I Have install the HHO and the New Digital EIFE(started with the analog but I burned it out. Short in my system caused all kinds of trouble including an injector failure). Everything seems to be going great. I have gotten already and increase of about 40% in mileage. The question is. Is the activity LED supposed to be blinking off and or or should it be steady? Never really noticed it before as I have it mounted where it is not condusive to safe driving to look at all the time. As I get more results for this engine I will post what I have done. Just need to know if the blinking LED is normal or should I be looking for the cause.
07-11-2009 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Digital EIFE Question
Activity led's usually flash to show what's going on.

Power led's usually are on or off.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-12-2009 05:21 AM
dkersey Offline

(07-12-2009 05:21 AM)colchiro Wrote:  Activity led's usually flash to show what's going on.

OK. That is a good thing to know. Now, what does the flashing activity LED indicate and why?
07-12-2009 04:39 PM
mike Offline

(07-12-2009 04:39 PM)dkersey Wrote:  
(07-12-2009 05:21 AM)colchiro Wrote:  Activity led's usually flash to show what's going on.

OK. That is a good thing to know. Now, what does the flashing activity LED indicate and why?

The LEDs turn on when the output of the EFIE is high, and go out when the output is low. You need to read the article on how digital EFIEs work if you're unclear on what that means.

But in this way you can see that you haven't set the EFIE so low that the output is unable to transition from high to low. As long as the lights are flashing, you're in a valid range.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-13-2009 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Thanks Mike.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-13-2009 12:44 PM
dkersey Offline

(07-13-2009 09:54 AM)mike Wrote:  
(07-12-2009 04:39 PM)dkersey Wrote:  

The LEDs turn on when the output of the EFIE is high, and go out when the output is low. You need to read the article on how digital EFIEs work if you're unclear on what that means.

But in this way you can see that you haven't set the EFIE so low that the output is unable to transition from high to low. As long as the lights are flashing, you're in a valid range.

I have read all of the documentation about the digital eife and several other articles about O2 enhancers in general. I can find nothing in there that says anything about the LED flashing. Where is the article that explains, or even mentions the flashing. Now understand that I am NOT trying to be a jerk about this.
It is just that I have been an electronics technician/engineer/computer programmer since 1973 and I do have a good handle on how analog or digital systems work. I have read a lot of technical manuals and descriptions about both. Some good some terrible and some that only give minimal info. The digital eife seems to fall in the last category. I am not asking for the schematics. However, comparitors are comparitors and I can visualize how this works. I even drew a simple comparitor schematic so that I would have a picture in my head about the workings. I look at the "waveform" on the documents section and I do understand how the digital one can do what it does better than analog.
I just don't get the flashing. It would seem to me that the digital eife sets a high of .450 at start up and then when it times out and set the new level the led will go on and stay on.
Is there anywhere that more information can be found. I have a tough time taking things on faith. Sorry this is so long and that I may have stepped on some toes. I just need more information.
07-14-2009 06:52 PM