Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Digital Effie wireing setup.
Chikai Offline

Digital Effie wireing setup.
I bought a new dual digital effie to install in my Mitsubishi GTO N/A and I'm finding something weird going on. If I wire it up according to the instructions I get the red led light lighting up, but no green led light lighting on, or any green led activity. However, if the switch the wires around coming from the Oxygen sensor, I get the green led light lighting up and after the startup delay time, I see the green led blinking on and off like your instructions says it should. However, when I try to adjust it with the upstream adjustment pot screw, nothing happens. If I turn the adjustment pot downstream screw The readings on my meter changes and I am able to dial it down 450 to 200 where I set it originally.
Since I installed my Hydrogen unit and before I installed the effie, my petrol mileage had increased and the car seem to be running a bit on the rich side. Since I've installed the effie with the wiring and tuning different to your instructions ( as that is the only way it seems to work ) and set to 200 my petrol milage seems to have come back to where it was before I installed the Hydrogen Generator. I have dialed it back to 150 this morning and I will see what happens now. However I'm worried that I might have a dud unit as it could not be installed and tuned as per your instructions. Is it possible for the unit to run correctly the way I have described?
07-28-2012 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chikai Offline

RE: Digital Effie wireing setup.
A update.
I took out the wires going into the effie from the oxygen sensor and measured them with my meter. One wire was reading up in the 7 to 950 range and the other wire was reading 035. I returned the wire reading in the 700 to 950 range to the hole marked, to front sensor ( this turns the green led on ) and the other wire to the hole marked, to computer in your instructions. The green led is on but it no longer blinks. I measured the voltage on the to computer wire by putting my red probe on the screw side and it reads a constant 803. The measurement of the wire in the to front sensor hole is up in the 900 range fluctuating. I can still only dial the voltage using the adjustment pot downstream screw. Trying to adjust the upstream digital effie screw has no effect at all. But as of now the unit has stopped blinking and is not changing the output to the computer. I feel this unit has been manufactured wrong as the digital readout is determined by the analog screw. Is there any tests that will determine that the unit is functioning correctly.
07-28-2012 09:29 PM
mike Offline

Ok. It sounds like you originally had the signal wire backwards, and then got it right the 2nd time. You should verify that that is true.

As for the settings, be sure you remember that there is a delay after you power up the EFIE. When you first power up the EFIE the digital test points will read .45 volts. The analog test points will read near 0 volts.

After a delay of 1 minute, then the test points will show whatever you have set the EFIE to. The digital EFIE will go down and the analog EFIE will go up. If you want to set the EFIE, only do so after it has powered up for 1 minute or more. This is by design so that no adjustment occurs until the car is started up, warmed up a little bit and the HHO is flowing well.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-29-2012 06:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chikai Offline

Thanks for your reply Mike. For some reason I missed seeing there was a digital test point on the unit for me to put my probe in. This was why I got no reading while I was adjusting the digital Adjustment pot screw. I had my meter probe in the analog test point! Your post (When you first power up the EFIE the digital test points will read .45 volts. The analog test points will read near 0 volts.) alerted me to my blind spot regarding the test points. Thanks. I've got it set and working now, I'll see how it goes.
07-29-2012 03:36 PM