Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Digital display EFIE
winet1 Offline

Cool Digital display EFIE
After working with my 09 F150 I wish that both sensors were narrow-band. Tuning the Wideband is pretty hit or miss.

I stumbled on this, which I would use for my widebands (Don't get confused. This is a Dual EFIE with a DIGITAL display/input):

http://www.amazon.com/OGOSprill-DEFIE04-...B005H8DE0S

There are a bunch like this out there on eBay and whatnot but I figure Amazon might have better CS. The Amazon posting listed my favorite site (here) by name.

Here is a link to the installation instructions:

http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/documenta...uction.pdf

Don't get me Wong I use the traditional Quad EFIE for my setup but I like idea of using a digital input to tune the widebands.

Anybody out there have any experience/thoughts about this? (Is this something Fuel-saver.org might test and put out in the future)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012 06:54 PM by winet1.)
07-25-2012 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Digital display EFIE
Thank you. I probably should do that. I know the owner of 3rd Brake Flasher. I'll get one in for testing.

But what you already tried that makes you say its tricky? I usually find wide bands easier to deal with. I'm assuming you had a wide band EFIE? What kind?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-26-2012 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
winet1 Offline

RE: Digital display EFIE
I have the standard Quad EFIE from here.

I say tricky because you first need to adjust the coarse dial and then set the fine dial. With a digital display it would be easier to know just how many mA I am putting on the line since the WBs can't be measured with a voltmeter (which is why I feel narrowbands are much easier to adjust).
07-26-2012 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply