Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I need a EFIE or just a o2 extender now?
firefly Offline

Do I need a EFIE or just a o2 extender now?
Ok, I've been running my HHO unit for about a week or so. First, after installing it, I went to the same gas station I usually use, filled up the tank and let the pump kick off as usual. I used the same pump as usual too. I started driving and used the HHO unit everytime I drive. The gas needle was sitting about middle way of the "F" of the fuel gauge after fill-up. I drove around 60-70 miles and noticed that the fuel needle only moved slightly. The needle was still touching the "F". I thought WOW! if this keeps up, I could drive for a very long time. My engine is a 2.0L 4 cylinder and my gas tank is 17 gallons and it's rated for 25MPG highway. I filled up with 87 octane too. Anyway, after driving around 60-70 miles I noticed that the needle seemed to start moving faster than before. Probably back to about normal speed for my car. I drove some more, and now I've driven almost 200 miles, about 197 to be exact. Now my fuel needle to just a hair from the half-a-tank mark.

So my question is, after driving around 60-70 miles with the HHO unit running, did the car's computer finally kick in and start dumping more gas into the engine when it saw more oxygen in the exhaust? Is this how a car would react at first to HHO being introduced to the engine, by increases MPG and then after awhile the computer will see the oxygen increase and dump more gas into the cylinder thereby negating any increase in MPG? Could I reset the car's computer and see if I could drive another 60-70 miles again and watch the fuel needle to see if it moves very slowly again until the car's computer catches on? If the car's computer is catching on, should I install a EFIE or try a 02 extender based on what I saw. Any advice for a HHO newbie would be great! Thanks.
06-11-2008 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: Do I need a EFIE or just a o2 extender now?
The best way to determine results is to do several fill-ups for milage. I use the "guage visual" as a general guideline, but my needle is not accurate, it changes.
06-11-2008 11:44 AM
Dino Offline

RE: Do I need a EFIE or just a o2 extender now?
I'm no expert bro being new to this stuff myself but from what I have read you really can't get all that much of a gain if any at all without fooling the sensor. I just ordered the deluxe EFIE from the forum store and I'm hoping Mike catches up with his backlog soon. While I'm not sure the extender wouldn't work I rather go for something that I know will. As far as your gas gauge moving slower at first most cars seem to that naturally even without HHO. Also their is a thread running about some guy wrapping his sensor with tin foil and getting great mileage with HHO, this is not the first time I heard of people doing that but I can't understand how it helpsSmile. Good luck Bro keep us posted
06-11-2008 11:49 AM