Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do dry cells freeze?
willits18 Offline

Do dry cells freeze?
I had heard somewhere (not here) that dry cells won't freeze. I have looked at a lot of posts on dry cells in this forum and haven't found anything one way or the other. I would find that statement suspect, as the "drycells" still use electrolyte. I have never built or used a dry cell. Thanks, Tracy.
06-01-2009 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abe Offline

RE: Do dry cells freeze?
(06-01-2009 06:14 PM)willits18 Wrote:  I had heard somewhere (not here) that dry cells won't freeze. I have looked at a lot of posts on dry cells in this forum and haven't found anything one way or the other. I would find that statement suspect, as the "drycells" still use electrolyte. I have never built or used a dry cell. Thanks, Tracy.

YES!!!
06-02-2009 03:50 PM
ptours99 Offline

you could add isopropyl alcohol to the mix and that will help but i just don't run it till spring.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
06-02-2009 05:11 PM
John Sargent Offline

(06-01-2009 06:14 PM)willits18 Wrote:  I had heard somewhere (not here) that dry cells won't freeze. I have looked at a lot of posts on dry cells in this forum and haven't found anything one way or the other. I would find that statement suspect, as the "drycells" still use electrolyte. I have never built or used a dry cell. Thanks, Tracy.

Mine froze in January on a trip to northern New York at -4f. Thought it wouldn't, but it did. Pushed a gasket out and all of the electrolyte leaked out as it defrosted. So, YES, they do freeze.
06-03-2009 03:07 AM