Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does vacuum improve output?
stevekos7 Offline

Does vacuum improve output?
Hi all. A question that has been bugging me for awhile is whether vacuum applied to a generator actually increases output. Alot of 'ads' for various systems (gas4free, water4gas etc.) insist that vacuum increases output, and they show videos of the output under vacuum to 'prove' this.

However, whenever anyone actually does a proper experiment with a vacuum pump there seems to be no improvement. ZeroFossilFuel (youtube) has done testing with vacuum and production actually decreased. Also there was an Australian guy who did some testing and got a simillar result.

Does anyone have any actual verified results re this? I'm wondering whether there is any funny business going on with these video 'proofs'.
07-29-2008 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PanamaRik Offline

RE: Does vacuum improve output?
Vacuum and air venting makes lots of impressive bubbles. Useful on jamjars that don't make any pressure of their own.

PanamaRik

stevekos7 Wrote:Hi all. A question that has been bugging me for awhile is whether vacuum applied to a generator actually increases output. Alot of 'ads' for various systems (gas4free, water4gas etc.) insist that vacuum increases output, and they show videos of the output under vacuum to 'prove' this.

However, whenever anyone actually does a proper experiment with a vacuum pump there seems to be no improvement. ZeroFossilFuel (youtube) has done testing with vacuum and production actually decreased. Also there was an Australian guy who did some testing and got a simillar result.

Does anyone have any actual verified results re this? I'm wondering whether there is any funny business going on with these video 'proofs'.

Drop by my site at http://gassaver.panamacentric.com and say 'Hi' Rik
07-29-2008 04:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevekos7 Offline

PanamaRik Wrote:Vacuum and air venting makes lots of impressive bubbles. Useful on jamjars that don't make any pressure of their own.
PanamaRik

Yes, that is my impression. But on one video it looked like when the guy ACCELERATED the engine the output went nuts. But what doesn't make sense is that vacuum DECREASES under high acceleration. There must be some amperage boost coming into play somewhere instead of vacuum affecting things.
07-29-2008 05:44 PM
bagrman Offline

I'd go with what Zero said, he seems to know his gas. Amps are gas, but if you find the magic frequency to crack water, then your our hero.

Latr
Bagrman
07-29-2008 05:45 PM
stevekos7 Offline

This is pretty convincing. Have a look at this:

http://vidslib.com/index.php?view=5372844

What's going on here? It does seem like vacuum is affecting output, because the increase is clearly happening when the acceleration comes off (and the vacuum is highest).

I have read many posts saying that vacuum doesn't improve anything and not to pipe hho into the vacuum hose, but now I'm not sure.
07-29-2008 05:52 PM
stevekos7 Offline

And this one:

http://www.blinkx.com/video/vacuum-press...6D6S3aml5g

This cell is a mess! Just look at the colour of the electrolyte coming out! And look at the construction! But he shows pretty convincingly that there is higher production under vacuum.

Also look at this site where he has other videos:

http://www.searcypress.com/

Interesting!
07-29-2008 06:10 PM
stevekos7 Offline

Ok, I think I have the answer.

What is happening under vacuum is that the bubbles are expanding and making it look like there is higher production going on. But I don't know that there is. What is needed is a flow test that measures the actual output. We will probably find that overall output is not any better under vacuum, because I don't think the HHO reaction is enhanced by vacuum.

But...that's only my guess.
07-29-2008 06:49 PM
CraigBMM Offline

stevekos7 Wrote:Ok, I think I have the answer.

What is happening under vacuum is that the bubbles are expanding and making it look like there is higher production going on. But I don't know that there is. What is needed is a flow test that measures the actual output. We will probably find that overall output is not any better under vacuum, because I don't think the HHO reaction is enhanced by vacuum.

But...that's only my guess.

the proof is in the pudding as they , wulfs highest milage gains came after he opened his gen bubbler alot allowing more air in gen

one test went 13 mpg higher just adjusting that gen relief bubbler . so i'm a believer in having a gen bubbler , at least on the pcv intake line where vacuum is higher

whether it actually helps produce more HHO or just helps the flow is another question , i think having the water turbulant helps knock more HHO bubbles off the plates and might move the mix around better.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2008 09:33 PM by CraigBMM.)
07-29-2008 09:24 PM
jksav7 Offline

I'm quite sure vacuum does nothing for gas production, except maybe dislodging the bubbles more quickly. Think about it, gas production is not encouraged by vacuum. It is done through current through the plates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4npcdKgMk
07-29-2008 10:13 PM
stevekos7 Offline

jksav7 Wrote:I'm quite sure vacuum does nothing for gas production, except maybe dislodging the bubbles more quickly. Think about it, gas production is not encouraged by vacuum. It is done through current through the plates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4npcdKgMk

Case settled. A well done (fairly) scientific test proves the case once and for all. Let's put this in the FAQ as well.
07-29-2008 10:24 PM