Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Driving for Fuel Efficiency.
Edostar Offline

Driving for Fuel Efficiency.
This is the Fuel Saver Forum so here are some thoughts on Saving Fuel:

The obvious way of saving fuel is to avoid driving a motorized vehicle (no engine; no fuel consumption) but of course we’re all looking for ways of having our cake and eating it too.
This forum is bristling with neat ideas on how to drive gas-guzzlers and still economize on fuel (my personal favorite is the Hydrocarbon Crack System).

Even having fitted a fuel-saving device to my motorcycle (fuel-injected 650cc Kawasaki) I still only got around 20-odd kilometers to the liter in town driving.
Out of town; this rose to above 30 KPL but that’s of little comfort as I do most of my driving in town.

The problem as I see it is that my motorcycle is just too powerful for inner-city driving (a bit like popping down to the corner shop in a Hummer) and I’m not about to exchange it for a 50cc moped.
The power is great for overtaking and short sprints between traffic lights but beyond that; its engine size is disproportionate to the task assigned to it.

So I started driving for fuel economy to see how much I could gain in town following these perceptions:

1. The engine uses fuel; so I use it as little as possible.
2. Higher gears give fewer engine revolutions per kilo than lower gears so (as long as some semblance of burn-efficiency is maintained) I choose as high a gear as possible.
3. Deliberately slowing down is a waste of momentum; so I try to avoid it.

I’ve adopted a strategy of powering gently up to speed in as high a gear as I can maintain and then coast; never appying the brakes unless absolutely necessary.
Basically using the engine as little as possible and in as fuel efficient a manner as possible.

The speed that I power up to depends on the perceived available space in front of me and often requires some fine judgment.
I only allow myself to coast to a stop when arriving at a red light or some other blockage.
Generally I coast for a while, boost my speed a bit, coast a while longer etc.
I regard braking as a measure of failure (except to avoid an accident of course).

The result of this little experiment was that my fuel consumption immediately went from 20 KPL to 30 KPL (my digital display can be set to display average fuel use in KPL).
With fanatical adherence to this drive strategy; I can achieve nearly 40 KPL in town driving (fully double the distance achieved by normal driving).
You won’t find many fuel-efficient systems on this forum to rival figures like that.

The extra fuel economy is very welcome and I don’t resent the compromises necessary in maintaining this driving strategy.
In fact; driving in town is often kind of boring and this is a welcome diversion.
I regard it as a bit like playing a virtual reality video game whose dividends are paid directly into my bank account.

I also have a family car (fuel injected Ford Escape + HCS) and I now drive it this way too.
I drop the gear selector into neutral (to avoid engine-break) when coasting and back into ‘drive’ for the power-ups.
The car doesn’t have a note of the fuel use so it’s difficult to calculate fuel savings in the short term.
Based on the motorcycle results; I’m sure that I’m getting a similar proportion of fuel saving.

It would be interesting to hear from others who have adopted fuel-efficient driving strategies (with results if possible).

Dan.

Download HCS Installation files.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 04:25 PM by Edostar.)
04-24-2014 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fueller Offline

RE: Driving for Fuel Efficiency.
(04-24-2014 04:19 PM)Edostar Wrote:  This is the Fuel Saver Forum so here are some thoughts on Saving Fuel:
The obvious way of saving fuel is to avoid driving a motorized vehicle (no engine; no fuel consumption) but of course we’re all looking for ways of having our cake and eating it too.
This forum is bristling with neat ideas on how to drive gas-guzzlers and still economize on fuel (my personal favorite is the Hydrocarbon Crack System)...... It would be interesting to hear from others who have adopted fuel-efficient driving strategies (with results if possible).
Dan.

Hi Dan,
interesting observation of yours.
Since I own a Prius, some time ago I started to be interested on lowest consumption driving technics.
For me this what you describe is very well known so called "Pulse and Glide" technique....

http://alternativefuels.about.com/od/lif...englid.htm

which can be adapted to a specific grade to nearly ANY car....

What would be the most interesting story is if you apply your consumption saving technique (in my opinion very similar or same as "Pulse and Glide") to a car BEFORE installing and AFTER installing a HCS-system..... and than make a comparision what did HCS help in connection with "Dan´s Pulse and Glide" technique and what without..

BR

Fueller
04-29-2014 11:28 AM
Edostar Offline

Hi Fueller.

Short of disconnecting my HCS system; I would guess that the proportional increases experienced when 'Pulse and Glide' driving is adopted would be very similar.
With the fuel-savng device disabled; the 'Glide' part of the equation would be the same (as this is the gain derived from momentum).
Only the 'Pulse' part would use more fuel than if a fuel-saving device were fitted as the momentum would be created in a less fuel-efficient manner.

My KPL figures rose from 20 kpl to 30 kpl when I adopted this technique.
Assuming that I got only 15 kpl without HCS; then the extra 10 kpl achieved in respect of 'Pulse and Glide' would still stand; so I'd get 25 kpl (without HCS but with 'P+G').
The main increase being due to 'P+G' which is why I posted these figures

My point here is that there are many ways of saving fuel; the most obvious being to avoid buying any (if I threw my car away; I'd never need to buy fuel at all).
If, however, one insists on driving motor vehicles; there are ways of driving them for fuel efficiency and (as my figures illustrate) the savings from 'Pulse and Glide' are way in excess of anything ever likely to be achieved by fitting a fuel-saving device.

One footnote to the 'Pulse and Glide' technique is that in 'glide' mode; the battery fails to charge as the engine is at idle.
The best figures arise from keeping Pulse to a minimum and Glide to a maximum but over time; the charge in the battery gets so low as to fail to start the engine when needed.
This left me with two options.
A; put the battery on charge when I get home or B: abandon 'Pulse and Glide'.

Anomalously; the other day I was in a tearing hurry to get somewhere and so drove the bike like I stole it.
I forgot totally about driving for fuel-efficiency and drove like the wind through town.
I'd taken the trouble to reset the display before I realised what time it was and still managed to save fuel over regular (sensible) town driving.
On this bike at least; there appears to be something to be gained from driving dangerously.

Dan.

Download HCS Installation files.
05-05-2014 06:29 PM
belangers Offline

Hi All,
I am new to the forum, but extremely experienced in my HHO experience with some brand new technologies that I have up my sleeve that actually make my gas more powerful than SM's as he used an electron stripper, which i have duplicated, used his electronics, etc., and since then, i have created my own technology that uses approximately 50 watts of power to create a steady flow of gas that utilizes Back EMF spikes to create the much more energetic HHO which I call BHHO fuel.

This is used as an additive, and I will be manufacturing my own boards and selling them starting November 15th to work with small HHO cells that incorporate two negative plates, 1 pos. plate, and no neutral plates in a wet cell because it will not work effectively in a dry cell situation without losing it's resonance.

The cell I created is a resonant cell, it's not a cavity, and it is specially tuned along with my electronics and inductors, super caps, etc., to operate at a lighter load which does not heat up.

We are working to include adjustments , which I will document in the owners manuals which will give the installer and user the correct adjustment ratios to get the great results we are seeing in our test vehicle with a Volo FS2 HHO chip. In a 2009 Pontiac G6, we are currently seeing 38 mpg in the city with absolutely 0 carbon emmissions, and 58-63 mpg on the highway. Of course, the Volo is not perfect, so, you have to try to keep the vehicle between 1800 and 2100 rpms, and it is slow driving so far until we come up with other solutions for mapping, MAF adjustments or efie mods, but, for the most part, we are seeing incredible gains for 1/8-1/4 lpm output. At 1/2 lpm, we are seeing less of a gain, but, I have a feeling it is due to the electronics and the gases produced. We currently have some very large bubbles created ion our cell using the back emf circuitry i have developed, and with the normal PWM with resonance, we have very fine bubbles. There is only one issue I have come across, and that is the fact that I have to modify the reservoir, add a pump, and some other safety measures, such as a very well built flashback arrestor, since the gas is so damn explosive. It won't just pop like cold HHO does, it grenades with a massive blast for just a 1/2" round bubble. The blast is so intense, it sounds like a gunshot with every explosion. I fill a water bottle up 1" from the top and pop it, it will usually split the plastic top in two pieces. A balloon is downright dangerous to blow up, it's minimally 10 times more explosive than ordinary hho and the fuel economy will prove it on an everyday basis.
10-29-2014 02:55 PM
Cdoscope Offline

(10-29-2014 02:55 PM)belangers Wrote:  Hi All,
I am new to the forum, but extremely experienced in my HHO experience with some brand new technologies that I have up my sleeve that actually make my gas more powerful than SM's as he used an electron stripper, which i have duplicated, used his electronics, etc., and since then, i have created my own technology that uses approximately 50 watts of power to create a steady flow of gas that utilizes Back EMF spikes to create the much more energetic HHO which I call BHHO fuel.

This is used as an additive, and I will be manufacturing my own boards and selling them starting November 15th to work with small HHO cells that incorporate two negative plates, 1 pos. plate, and no neutral plates in a wet cell because it will not work effectively in a dry cell situation without losing it's resonance.

The cell I created is a resonant cell, it's not a cavity, and it is specially tuned along with my electronics and inductors, super caps, etc., to operate at a lighter load which does not heat up.

We are working to include adjustments , which I will document in the owners manuals which will give the installer and user the correct adjustment ratios to get the great results we are seeing in our test vehicle with a Volo FS2 HHO chip. In a 2009 Pontiac G6, we are currently seeing 38 mpg in the city with absolutely 0 carbon emmissions, and 58-63 mpg on the highway. Of course, the Volo is not perfect, so, you have to try to keep the vehicle between 1800 and 2100 rpms, and it is slow driving so far until we come up with other solutions for mapping, MAF adjustments or efie mods, but, for the most part, we are seeing incredible gains for 1/8-1/4 lpm output. At 1/2 lpm, we are seeing less of a gain, but, I have a feeling it is due to the electronics and the gases produced. We currently have some very large bubbles created ion our cell using the back emf circuitry i have developed, and with the normal PWM with resonance, we have very fine bubbles. There is only one issue I have come across, and that is the fact that I have to modify the reservoir, add a pump, and some other safety measures, such as a very well built flashback arrestor, since the gas is so damn explosive. It won't just pop like cold HHO does, it grenades with a massive blast for just a 1/2" round bubble. The blast is so intense, it sounds like a gunshot with every explosion. I fill a water bottle up 1" from the top and pop it, it will usually split the plastic top in two pieces. A balloon is downright dangerous to blow up, it's minimally 10 times more explosive than ordinary hho and the fuel economy will prove it on an everyday basis.

Hi, Your brief on your new product looks interesting.

Its the 17th of November now....have you started selling the boards? Where are they available? Do you have them on any website I can see?

Cheers,

Chris
11-17-2014 06:53 AM