Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dry cell kit all set-up with clamp meter
pdai11 Offline

Dry cell kit all set-up with clamp meter
Received the clamp meter today. Dy cell kit been already fitted several weeks ago but never had a proper meter to read the amp draw so it was not connected. Today is the first day into production. Setup is 8 x 4" 15 plate, 1 positive, 3 negatives and 4 neutrals between, powered by a 30a PWM. Had it running for whole day as i am a courier, set it at 14 amps max. After 2 hours of running, the gas production was excellent. Been driving whole day with it on, after 6 hours virtually continous running , the water just feels warm, no much heat at all. Didn't see any gains on fuel. It is a 2003 diesel van.
05-10-2013 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mybrid Offline

Rolleyes RE: Dry cell kit all set-up with clamp meter
(05-10-2013 02:02 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Received the clamp meter today. Dy cell kit been already fitted several weeks ago but never had a proper meter to read the amp draw so it was not connected. Today is the first day into production. Setup is 8 x 4" 15 plate, 1 positive, 3 negatives and 4 neutrals between, powered by a 30a PWM. Had it running for whole day as i am a courier, set it at 14 amps max. After 2 hours of running, the gas production was excellent. Been driving whole day with it on, after 6 hours virtually continous running , the water just feels warm, no much heat at all. Didn't see any gains on fuel. It is a 2003 diesel van.

it will take a while to clean out the engine, then you should notice the difference
you should notice less diesel stink at the tail pipe, that was the first thing I noticed
Gus
05-10-2013 02:07 PM
pdai11 Offline

RE: Dry cell kit all set-up with clamp meter
Hi Gus,
Today measured the gas output with bottle, produces 1 liter at 1.2 minutes at 14.8 amps, should i lower the amperage ?
how long did it took you to see any mileage gains and did you need an EFIE ?
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 07:53 AM by pdai11.)
05-11-2013 03:05 AM
mybrid Offline

Rolleyes RE: Dry cell kit all set-up with clamp meter
(05-11-2013 03:05 AM)pdai11 Wrote:  Hi Gus,
Today measured the gas output with bottle, produces 1 liter at 1.2 minutes at 14.8 amps, should i lower the amperage ?
how long did it took you to see any mileage gains and did you need an EFIE ?

I think Mike is more qualified to answer the amp. question, I would think he will suggest to lower it.

My set up is different in that the cell is actually 2 sections. half comes on when the engine starts and remains operational. The second stage is connected to the throttle and cycles on and off as the pedal is depressed.

I used to run 10amps on the idle cell and 28 - 30amps total. As mike suggested lowering it I have now gone to 20 amps total.

My van is 91 therefore no need for any other stuff. (lucky me)

As far as noticing a difference........Immediately when we took the first test drive. The diesel stink was also much less.

I have only the one milage test I reported.......will try again soon

Hope that helps
Gus
05-16-2013 03:04 PM