Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual Digital EFIE need help
Filatoff Offline

Dual Digital EFIE need help
Hi, Mike!
I have just recieved a parcell from you, here in Russia. It is a little error in it content, I was ordering two dual digital EFIES and one Dual Wide band, instead I have recieved only one dual digital EFIE and two wide band EFIE's... but this is not the main reason why i'm posting this message. I have asked you before about the type of sensors that I got on my Mitsibishi Outlander XL 2.4 L 2008 year. You told me that dual digital EFIE is my choice. I have installed my EFIE, and find out that it is something wrong, first of all my green led is solid, second the voltage readings from sensor seems not typical, it fluctuates from about 0.4 to 1.5 volts DC. The sensors are absolutly identical, but downstream is allways fluctuates a little in 1.4-1.5 volts. Is there any suggetions about the range for the EFIE that I should use?
04-13-2013 09:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Dual Digital EFIE need help
Contact support@fuelsaver-mpg.com directly. They will fix the shipment for you. Also, you can follow up with them about voltages.

But please measure all the voltages on that sensor. If it's narrow band, there should be 4 wires. If you get down at the sensor, you'll find 2 of the wires are the same color. We don't need voltages for those wires as they are for the heater. But we do need to know the sensor and sensor return voltages. Signal + and signal -. They have different ways of describing these.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-14-2013 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Filatoff Offline

(04-14-2013 06:38 AM)mike Wrote:  Contact support@fuelsaver-mpg.com directly. They will fix the shipment for you. Also, you can follow up with them about voltages.

But please measure all the voltages on that sensor. If it's narrow band, there should be 4 wires. If you get down at the sensor, you'll find 2 of the wires are the same color. We don't need voltages for those wires as they are for the heater. But we do need to know the sensor and sensor return voltages. Signal + and signal -. They have different ways of describing these.

I'm not sure that I have unerstand you about signal "+" and signal "-", it is concerns wide types as i know? I have two sensors looks the same, and they both have 4 wires, those sensors should be narrow band as i suposed.
04-14-2013 10:30 AM
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

I emailed you but I thought this would be a good thing to post for others to see. The 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander has a strange O2 sensor voltage range. The upstream sensor ranges from .5V to 1.4V and the downstream sensor ranges 1V-1.5V In this case a digital efie will not work. An analog efie is the only way to go.
04-15-2013 02:14 PM