Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual EFIE Capacitor values
uberhho Offline

Sad Dual EFIE Capacitor values
being brand new in the world of electronics. I'm have an extremely hard time keeping the ball moving with this project. I have Water4Gas and Eagle research-EFIE manual. Ozzie calls for a subsution of the Eagle EFIE capacitors for variable capacitors. What range to I need to get? Any insight would be greatly appreaciated.

Sincerely,

Mr. Adam Rosen
11-13-2008 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Dual EFIE Capacitor values
ZFF's efie is similar. You might check his design and parts list: http://www.alt-nrg.org

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-13-2008 04:11 PM
uberhho Offline

I have taken that into consideration. I have both schematics. would you recoment getting fixed Caps and getting a few above and below or getting variable caps; in which, ZFF doesnt not call for unlike Water4Gas, where Ozzie calls for a substitution. So far, ZFF seems to be very user friendly, unlike eagle who assumes the reader has a 'prior' knowledge of electronics. I have none sooooo....... need some insight on these CAPS.
11-13-2008 04:30 PM
colchiro Offline

If you have no experience, then I'd minimize my losses and buy a pre-assembled efie. Troubleshooting a non-working efie is no way to spend all your free time.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-13-2008 04:42 PM
uberhho Offline

Thanks Rick, but I'm looking to maximize and optimize. I'm not waiting months for the Eagle to land. Time is ripe and the the time is NOW! I will just get different value caps then... Unless you know what to get.
11-13-2008 05:10 PM
colchiro Offline

Sorry, I've seen the inside of Mike's efie, but that's it. I know nothing about your efie except I've heard they're all similar and had a common ancestor.

Rick

11-13-2008 05:35 PM
uberhho Offline

colchiro Wrote:Sorry, I've seen the inside of Mike's efie, but that's it. I know nothing about your efie except I've heard they're all similar and had a common ancestor.

What are you sorry about? I have that EFIE. Is it the dual or single? If you have the part numbers for some specific products that would be great.

What have you heard about them being alike?
11-19-2008 06:54 PM
colchiro Offline

I saw the inside of a single efie 6 months ago, but don't have a photographic memory.

Like I said they had a common beginning. Any changes would be minor, like Mike changed to a more stable version of the 555 chip (military spec).

Mike has said the ZFF efie is very similar. I'd use that as a guide (which probably is better than George's) or contact Mike for help. He's replied to posts in the past with questions like yours.

Rick

11-19-2008 07:09 PM
uberhho Offline

I will keep looking into this fourm. And Ozzie even says to use a TI 555 which is superior to the Eagle's recomended 555. I'm just new in all of this and I'm very confused.
11-19-2008 10:03 PM
thomasbala Offline

uberhho Wrote:I will keep looking into this fourm. And Ozzie even says to use a TI 555 which is superior to the Eagle's recomended 555. I'm just new in all of this and I'm very confused.
Uberhho:

Since you're so intent on DIY which I respect to the utmost, you may want to think about buying various alternatives [they're cheap enough] and breadboard the circuit different ways before you finally decide which is best and then solder and build. Good Luck.
11-20-2008 07:48 AM