Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual EFIE Installation
brad_h Offline

Dual EFIE Installation
Hi Mike,

Just received your Dual EFIE in the mail. Thanks for the quick shipping! I've read over your instructions a few times, and before I get started, I noticed you don't mention much about adjusting the Dual unit (unless I missed something). So once I get this installed, where do I start? Which O2 signal should I begin with, the upstream or downstream? Does it matter? What works best for you?

Sorry to be nagging, I just like to be as prepared as possible before I begin anything. Thanks a lot, Mike!
01-17-2008 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Dual EFIE Installation
Hi Brad,

Your downstream sensor is not critical to your fuel savings. The primary data for this comes from the upstream sensor. I just set my downstream to be the same as the upstream setting, and that's always worked fine for me. It's the upstream you need to concentrate on for your fuel mileage, and you can just follow along with the downstream sensor.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-17-2008 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brad_h Offline

Cool. Thanks Mike! I'll give it a shot.
01-17-2008 05:38 PM
brad_h Offline

Hey Mike. I just got started installing my EFIE. I went and bought those wiring diagrams like you suggested. Pretty spiffy! Now I've just got a quick question. Want to make sure I'm splicing into the right wire. I've attached (and notated) a section of my diagram. Just confirm for me these are the right wires. The icon that I've circled means its the wire I want, right?

Also, rather than cutting into these wires all the way down by the O2 sensors, I'd like to cut them up on top by the harness. The wires will be the same color at the harness junction box as they are right by the sensor, correct?

Thanks again, man. Once again, sorry to be a nag.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ranger_wire_question.pdf (Size: 138.44 KB / Downloads: 60)
01-18-2008 09:02 PM
mike Offline

Your questions are not a problem. That's what we're here for.

Yes, you have identified the correct wire to splice into. And, yes, the wire should be the same color up by the ECU (computer). Just go ahead and locate it there, and make your splice where it's most convenient.

Sorry about the delay in answering. My whole town's phones and internet were down tonight, thanks to Qwest. I just got them back.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-19-2008 12:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply