Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual EFIE vs Single?
HHOe Offline

Dual EFIE vs Single?
GreenEarthHelpPlace Wrote:
Grisen Wrote:
dirty273 Wrote:Does sanding the electrodes matter that much?
How about using a punch like Elektrik?

I have just gotten some really nice 300 series stainless cut to 3.5" X 5" plates cut on a laser and just want to really make the best of them.

The Eagle Research folks in their Hyzor publication don't recommend sanding.

I am not attacking you, so please do not take this the wrong way...

You are quoting Eagle Research about sanding the plates (by the way, I agree with them!), BUT are they right?

The funny thing is that George Wiseman, who IS Eagle-Research, does not think a DUAL EFIE will work...I just read a quote from him that said they do not work and he can not see how it would be possible. He says that a DUAL EFIE would only confuse the computer!

THIS IS WHAT HE SAYS (I will highlight the area of interest)...

Product Description

FAQ: How many EFIE(s)? One on each oxygen sensor mounted before the Catalytic Converter. You'll find out how many by just looking, refering to your local dealership and/or looking in the service manual for the vehicle. We do not keep the wiring schematics for any vehicles except the ones we own. You'll need to get (or photocopy appropriate pages from) the service manual for your specific vehicle to find the wiring color codes. Your dealership will have the service manuals (they will often give you photocopies if you ask nice), or you can search for them online. Note: Regardless of what you read in our literature, we have discovered that the EFIE works on ALL types of oxygen sensors, including A/F sensors and wideband sensors. Note: You usually do not need to modify any other sensors (like MAP) unless you have knock sensors. Note: You cannot control more than one Oxygen Sensor per EFIE. Trying to do so will confuse the computer, causing issues that may damage it or your engine. Note: We do not make an EFIE that controls more than one oxygen sensor. Since nearly every component on the circuit would need to be duplicated anyway, it makes no sense (to us) to stock two different versions of the same circuit. One EFIE per oxygen sensor also allows the customer flexibility during installation. The ER EFIE is also able to modify the signal from ANY engine sensor that uses a varying voltage, this includes most MAF, MAP and IAT sensors. I deal with over 100 emails a day, so please accept my apology for this initial brief response. To answer your questions faster (and minimize my time), Please view this FAQ page and get back to me with specific questions that are not addressed. Note that there is a PDF flowchart to assist you. http://www.eagle-research.com/FAQ/FS/fsfaq.html http://www.eagle-research.com/store http://www.eagle-research.com/fuelsav/FiveYrCalc.html

I am NOT putting George down, for he is a great deal smarter than I! What I am saying is that there are tons of opinions out there from tons of folks who are smart, but that does not make them right! Otherwise, the sponsor of this forum, my buddy MIKE "Big Daddy" KEHRLI is selling DUAL EFIEs that can not possibly work! WHICH ONE IS RIGHT?

I am just saying that WE quote others who seem to know, or who are suppose to know...WE NEED TO KNOW!

WE need to test some plates before sanding, then test the same plates, under the exact same conditions after sanding them. And then, we need to test them again! Then WE will know!

As people, we are really SHEEPLE, choosing the path of least resistance to get what we want. We are use to having everything done for us...yes, WE ARE SPOILED!

I say, DO NOT SHORTCUT in your experiements! DO THE WORK! Then, publish your results!

Wiseman is referring to the EFIE plans he distibutes. It's only a single EFIE.

2001 Chevy S-10 2.2 5 speed
22-23 before
27-33 after
06-30-2008 04:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

RE: Cell Conditioning (Sanding?)
Regarding the dual and single EFIE's. George is referring to using a single EFIE to run two separate O2 sensors. Mikes dual EFIE is two single EFIE's in one unit.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2008 03:44 PM by qsiguy.)
06-30-2008 09:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GreenEarthHelpPlace Offline

HHOe Wrote:
GreenEarthHelpPlace Wrote:
Grisen Wrote:
dirty273 Wrote:Does sanding the electrodes matter that much?
How about using a punch like Elektrik?

I have just gotten some really nice 300 series stainless cut to 3.5" X 5" plates cut on a laser and just want to really make the best of them.

The Eagle Research folks in their Hyzor publication don't recommend sanding.

I am not attacking you, so please do not take this the wrong way...

You are quoting Eagle Research about sanding the plates (by the way, I agree with them!), BUT are they right?

The funny thing is that George Wiseman, who IS Eagle-Research, does not think a DUAL EFIE will work...I just read a quote from him that said they do not work and he can not see how it would be possible. He says that a DUAL EFIE would only confuse the computer!

THIS IS WHAT HE SAYS (I will highlight the area of interest)...

Product Description

FAQ: How many EFIE(s)? One on each oxygen sensor mounted before the Catalytic Converter. You'll find out how many by just looking, refering to your local dealership and/or looking in the service manual for the vehicle. We do not keep the wiring schematics for any vehicles except the ones we own. You'll need to get (or photocopy appropriate pages from) the service manual for your specific vehicle to find the wiring color codes. Your dealership will have the service manuals (they will often give you photocopies if you ask nice), or you can search for them online. Note: Regardless of what you read in our literature, we have discovered that the EFIE works on ALL types of oxygen sensors, including A/F sensors and wideband sensors. Note: You usually do not need to modify any other sensors (like MAP) unless you have knock sensors. Note: You cannot control more than one Oxygen Sensor per EFIE. Trying to do so will confuse the computer, causing issues that may damage it or your engine. Note: We do not make an EFIE that controls more than one oxygen sensor. Since nearly every component on the circuit would need to be duplicated anyway, it makes no sense (to us) to stock two different versions of the same circuit. One EFIE per oxygen sensor also allows the customer flexibility during installation. The ER EFIE is also able to modify the signal from ANY engine sensor that uses a varying voltage, this includes most MAF, MAP and IAT sensors. I deal with over 100 emails a day, so please accept my apology for this initial brief response. To answer your questions faster (and minimize my time), Please view this FAQ page and get back to me with specific questions that are not addressed. Note that there is a PDF flowchart to assist you. http://www.eagle-research.com/FAQ/FS/fsfaq.html http://www.eagle-research.com/store http://www.eagle-research.com/fuelsav/FiveYrCalc.html

I am NOT putting George down, for he is a great deal smarter than I! What I am saying is that there are tons of opinions out there from tons of folks who are smart, but that does not make them right! Otherwise, the sponsor of this forum, my buddy MIKE "Big Daddy" KEHRLI is selling DUAL EFIEs that can not possibly work! WHICH ONE IS RIGHT?

I am just saying that WE quote others who seem to know, or who are suppose to know...WE NEED TO KNOW!

WE need to test some plates before sanding, then test the same plates, under the exact same conditions after sanding them. And then, we need to test them again! Then WE will know!

As people, we are really SHEEPLE, choosing the path of least resistance to get what we want. We are use to having everything done for us...yes, WE ARE SPOILED!

I say, DO NOT SHORTCUT in your experiements! DO THE WORK! Then, publish your results!

Wiseman is referring to the EFIE plans he distibutes. It's only a single EFIE.

No, he is referring to the completed EFIE he sells!
06-30-2008 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GreenEarthHelpPlace Offline

qsiguy Wrote:Regarding the dual and single EFIE's. The quote is referring to using a single EFIE to run two separate O2 sensors. Mikes dual EFIE is two single EFIE's in one unit.

Regarding plate conditioning. I like to bead blast my plates with 70 grit glass bead and clean thoroughly. I think the most important thing to do is to make sure they are cleaned and degreased. Nearly all metal comes with a lot of oil, dirt, and various crud on them.

Now this one was confusing!
I like George a lot and we get along great! So I did the research...
After re-reading his ad, and re-reading his ad, and re-reading his ad, You are right! I see George saying that he does not make and stock a Dual EFIE, so you have to buy two of his singles if you have two upstream oxygen sensors...and it gives you flexibility!!!

Thank you!
06-30-2008 10:54 AM
colchiro Offline

GreenEarthHelpPlace Wrote:Now this one was confusing!
I like George a lot and we get along great! So I did the research...
After re-reading his ad, and re-reading his ad, and re-reading his ad, You are right! I see George saying that he does not make and stock a Dual EFIE, so you have to buy two of his singles if you have two upstream oxygen sensors...and it gives you flexibility!!!

Thank you!

That's exactly the way I took it. I think it's more convenience for him (just one model), rather than performance of the unit.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-30-2008 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply