Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ECU no reading
pdai11 Offline

Rolleyes ECU no reading
I previously tried adjusting the MAF and MAP sensors to compensate with my HHO cell. Tried hooking up an enhancer to any of the sensors but nothing happens. Had tested every single wire individually and tested the enhancer on another vehicle and works perfectly. Had just purchased a Turbogauge which is similar to a Scangauge and connected to the ECU, had my car running but no reading at all, all datas are showing --- or 00.00. Is there a fault with my ECU. It is a 1998 Saab 93 2.2 TID.
05-12-2010 05:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: ECU no reading
(05-12-2010 05:48 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  I previously tried adjusting the MAF and MAP sensors to compensate with my HHO cell. Tried hooking up an enhancer to any of the sensors but nothing happens. Had tested every single wire individually and tested the enhancer on another vehicle and works perfectly. Had just purchased a Turbogauge which is similar to a Scangauge and connected to the ECU, had my car running but no reading at all, all datas are showing --- or 00.00. Is there a fault with my ECU. It is a 1998 Saab 93 2.2 TID.
Start probing with a digital voltmeter; you should get a reading from at least one of the MAF and MAP sensors. When you say you connected the Turbogauge to the ECU what do you mean? Did you plug it into the diagnostic port? Does the Turbogauge work on other cars?
05-12-2010 06:41 PM
pdai11 Offline

Hi, i first connect an enhancer to the Maf sensor and stripped every single wire (has 5 wires), connected at different times but none can be leaned out, no stuttering at all. I then measured the voltage at the Map sensor, they are showing milivolts. I know that from definite that i have not set it wrong as i have done this several times before on many vehicles.
05-13-2010 04:46 PM
thomasbala Offline

(05-13-2010 04:46 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Hi, i first connect an enhancer to the Maf sensor and stripped every single wire (has 5 wires), connected at different times but none can be leaned out, no stuttering at all. I then measured the voltage at the Map sensor, they are showing milivolts. I know that from definite that i have not set it wrong as i have done this several times before on many vehicles.
Your MAF sensor is probably frequency based rather than voltage based. Most voltage based MAF sensors only have 3 wires.
05-13-2010 05:15 PM