Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFFIE + Vaporizer 2000 + trip
rpatzer Offline

EFFIE + Vaporizer 2000 + trip
I just made a trip from LA to Berkeley CA. I had the vaporizer set to where it got the best performance on its own, which was about 10-15% increase. I then set the EFFIE to the following: 1.5=23MPG, 2=23.6 going and 24.6 coming back, 2.5=17MPG (not the best conditions). Speed was a constant 70MPH. I have a 97 Jeep Sport. Normal freeway milage is 20MPG. This would give a 15-20% increase with the Effie. I will do more as available.
07-19-2009 08:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: EFFIE + Vaporizer 2000 + trip
You'd better install an ETG.
07-20-2009 03:46 PM
rpatzer Offline

(07-20-2009 03:46 PM)Gary Wrote:  You'd better install an ETG.

What is an ETG? and Why?
07-21-2009 02:25 PM
colchiro Offline

I believe Gary's referring to an exhaust temperature gauge.

If you're too lean, your exhaust temp should increase, giving you a warning of a potential melt-down.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-21-2009 02:49 PM
rpatzer Offline

(07-21-2009 02:49 PM)colchiro Wrote:  I believe Gary's referring to an exhaust temperature gauge.

If you're too lean, your exhaust temp should increase, giving you a warning of a potential melt-down.

I don't see why it would be too lean with the vaporizer kicking in. I am just replacing liquid with vapor, it is still burning close to the same amount of fuel. I am not "leaning" out the fuel, just injecting a better "burnable" fuel.
07-21-2009 07:32 PM
fixityourselfer Offline

(07-21-2009 07:32 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(07-21-2009 02:49 PM)colchiro Wrote:  I believe Gary's referring to an exhaust temperature gauge.

I don't see why it would be too lean with the vaporizer kicking in. I am just replacing liquid with vapor, it is still burning close to the same amount of fuel. I am not "leaning" out the fuel, just injecting a better "burnable" fuel.

can someone explain exactly what the ags vaporizer does?

I'm in the process of installing hho together with water injection cuz I'm seeing that most of us hho installers aren't getting much over 20% increase,if even that. but I'm not convinced I'm on the right track. will probably be 2 weeks till I'm done. am thinking of combining hho with a vaporiser.

my goal: a real 50% increase.
am just not sure exactly how to go about it.
07-25-2009 08:04 PM
colchiro Offline

Google "vaporizer 2000" and I'm sure their page will explain how it vaporizes the fuel and sends it thru a vacuum line.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-25-2009 08:36 PM
Gary Offline

My thinking is this: you ARE leaning out your mix, with the EFIE. We're not sure how engines are reacting to the vaporizors yet (those that do anything; some failed) and you've hit 20%? That is normal gains at that point, but leaning it out beyond that is getting into the danger zones, so it's up to you wether or not you want to protect your engine from meltdown or not.
I call ETG's cheap insurance, compared to an engine rebuild. They can be had for $90-150. You CAN NOT go by the water temperature. If THAT goes up, your engine is damaged.
Remember, not everyone who's burned up an engine reported it.
07-26-2009 04:25 AM
rpatzer Offline

(07-26-2009 04:25 AM)Gary Wrote:  My thinking is this: you ARE leaning out your mix, with the EFIE. We're not sure how engines are reacting to the vaporizors yet (those that do anything; some failed) and you've hit 20%? That is normal gains at that point, but leaning it out beyond that is getting into the danger zones, so it's up to you wether or not you want to protect your engine from meltdown or not.
I call ETG's cheap insurance, compared to an engine rebuild. They can be had for $90-150. You CAN NOT go by the water temperature. If THAT goes up, your engine is damaged.
Remember, not everyone who's burned up an engine reported it.

You are correct about being too lean. The question is where is that point. The smog people will not "pre-test" me and let me adjust to optimum setting. But I do have an Air-Fuel-Ration meter hooked up. Right now it is connected to the computer side(after the EFFIE) and it reads real lean. I can hook it up to the O2 side and that should tell me how rich/lean the mix is. I think what the O2 reads is the final mix out the tail pipe.
It is interesting that as I increase the Mv, the AFR meter reads leaner. I thought that increase would signal the computer the mix was too rich. I guess that interpretation is done at the computer.
I will do my next readings with the AFR meter on the O2 side.
07-26-2009 08:29 AM
colchiro Offline

I missed the part about the 50% goal, pretty risky without instrumentation IMO.

The standard is to use a WideBand O2 and EGT to watch for too lean conditions. Loss of power is a good indication tho too.

Your AFR on the efie side should read too rich and is a bogus reading that means nothing so best to connect the meter to the sensor side of the efie. (The efie tells the ecu it's too rich, so it goes leaner to compensate.) You do have green on the sensor and white on the ecu, right? Backwards would make your mix richer, decreasing economy.

You're lucky you can use your existing sensor for the AF meter. The WB efie doesn't cut the wire so the meter would always read rich since the sensor is still connected directly to the ecu.

Rick

07-26-2009 09:12 AM