Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE
M98Ranger Offline

EFIE
For those of you who know something about ECMs. I was reading about "Ranger Smack Results" on U-tube and I came up with an idea. I am interested to know whether or not it might work. If you all say it might work I am thinking that I might test it out on my F150.

On the U-tube video the man there said he reset his computer and then went for a ride using a separate battery set and got 83% improvement on the highway.

It got me to thinking, what if rather than an EFIE, one just ran some sort of "reset" button into the cab of the truck that you could hit every 50 or so miles. I do not know how ECMs are programmed exactly and I am sure they are all different, but would that be something to think about....rigging a reset button.....or having the reset button rigged through the electrolysis on/off switch. I am curious what you all think.
01-02-2009 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benny Offline

RE: EFIE
(01-02-2009 10:18 AM)M98Ranger Wrote:  For those of you who know something about ECMs. I was reading about "Ranger Smack Results" on U-tube and I came up with an idea. I am interested to know whether or not it might work. If you all say it might work I am thinking that I might test it out on my F150.

On the U-tube video the man there said he reset his computer and then went for a ride using a separate battery set and got 83% improvement on the highway.

It got me to thinking, what if rather than an EFIE, one just ran some sort of "reset" button into the cab of the truck that you could hit every 50 or so miles. I do not know how ECMs are programmed exactly and I am sure they are all different, but would that be something to think about....rigging a reset button.....or having the reset button rigged through the electrolysis on/off switch. I am curious what you all think.

When you do a complete reset of an ECU, you put the thing into factory default settings mode, which are definitely not the best for use with added HHO, nor even for normal vehicle running with petrol/gasoline (no HHO). It takes some time for the ecu to relearn, self adjust, or optimise the parameters to best fit for current fuel and vehicle use.
Ergo it is not recommended to continually reset the ecu, or even to do an occasional reset of same, unless you have a CEL light which you can't get reset by any other means. Better way for such a reset, if your ECU is OBDII compliant, is to get hold of one of the ECU monitoring devices which also allow for CEL resetting, without doing a complete reset of the ECU.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2009 01:07 PM by benny.)
01-02-2009 01:03 PM
M98Ranger Offline

RE: EFIE
Thanks a lot benny.
01-02-2009 10:20 PM