Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE Calibration problem help!!
cesarcarlac Offline

EFIE Calibration problem help!!
Hello. I'm new Argentina using a translator, I only speak Spanish!I
have a mercedes ml 320 v6 1998, with 4 oxygen sensors, I have placed a dry hho cel and buy a quad EFIE, the exact EFIE for my car!
install everything properly, calibrate the oxygen sensors in 200 millivolt analog and digital sensors to try to put 150 millivolts but the 2 green leds are always on, monitoring and calibrating the voltage where the car stopped at idle flash as I said in the installation instructions on the route does everything right, I'm accelerating hard you turn the LEDs fixed constant speed when I flash all ok! but the voltage is very high in 320 millivolts, and I do not use anything down ah !!!!!!!! the ideal according to the installation instructions is 350-150, but if I lower it to less than .320, the LEDs are always on, any help will thank you! regards
06-25-2011 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE Calibration problem help!!
(06-25-2011 05:39 PM)cesarcarlac Wrote:  Hello. I'm new Argentina using a translator, I only speak Spanish!I
have a mercedes ml 320 v6 1998, with 4 oxygen sensors, I have placed a dry hho cel and buy a quad EFIE, the exact EFIE for my car!
install everything properly, calibrate the oxygen sensors in 200 millivolt analog and digital sensors to try to put 150 millivolts but the 2 green leds are always on, monitoring and calibrating the voltage where the car stopped at idle flash as I said in the installation instructions on the route does everything right, I'm accelerating hard you turn the LEDs fixed constant speed when I flash all ok! but the voltage is very high in 320 millivolts, and I do not use anything down ah !!!!!!!! the ideal according to the installation instructions is 350-150, but if I lower it to less than .320, the LEDs are always on, any help will thank you! regards

It sounds like your sensors are bad and need to be replaced. You should be able to run the EFIEs much lower than .32 volts. Sensors should be replaced after 80K-90K miles. I'll be yours have over 200K miles because they are so unresponsive.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-28-2011 09:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cesarcarlac Offline

(06-28-2011 09:03 AM)mike Wrote:  
(06-25-2011 05:39 PM)cesarcarlac Wrote:  Hello. I'm new Argentina using a translator, I only speak Spanish!I

It sounds like your sensors are bad and need to be replaced. You should be able to run the EFIEs much lower than .32 volts. Sensors should be replaced after 80K-90K miles. I'll be yours have over 200K miles because they are so unresponsive.
hello! thanks for replying! has 125,000 miles, it is time to change the sensors!! if the voltage varies from 0.200 to 0.900 v, measured from a tester! I thought that by varying the voltage were working properly! this is really so? Thanks Mike
06-28-2011 11:02 AM
mike Offline

No. Actually old o2 sensors, that must be replaced, look much the same as a new sensor when you watch it on a volt meter. But the mileage will be worse and the car won't work as well. Basically, o2 sensors are supposed to be replaced every 70-80K miles.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-30-2011 02:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cesarcarlac Offline

(06-30-2011 02:18 PM)mike Wrote:  No. Actually old o2 sensors, that must be replaced, look much the same as a new sensor when you watch it on a volt meter. But the mileage will be worse and the car won't work as well. Basically, o2 sensors are supposed to be replaced every 70-80K miles.

hi mike! and buy 4 I have 2 sensors before the cat and 2 ls after cat, change all 4 because they are after the cat when the voltmeter measures the voltage did not change were fixed in 700 volts, while those who are by varying the voltage cat, I hope that once and for all I start to run the hho dry cell with the EFIE, greetings and thank you very much!
07-01-2011 04:46 AM