Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE IAT Offset
Blackhawks1 Offline

EFIE IAT Offset
Hello.I noticed a problem with the EFIE I use.The temperature offset does not stay constant when ambient temp. changes.For example..My vehicle likes a temperature offset of 60 deg.F.If I set it on a cold day,say 20 deg.F,I would set it to send the computer to about 80 deg.F.When the weather warms up to maybe 50 deg,the computer might say IAT is only 90 deg.So I have to make an adjustment to get the correct offset again.It gets pretty annoying having to fiddle with this thing constantly.Is this normal?Could it be that the EFIE had this built into its programming deliberately?Or is the EFIE bad?
03-23-2014 09:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackhawks1 Offline

RE: EFIE IAT Offset
(03-23-2014 09:53 PM)Blackhawks1 Wrote:  Hello.I noticed a problem with the EFIE I use.The temperature offset does not stay constant when ambient temp. changes.For example..My vehicle likes a temperature offset of 60 deg.F.If I set it on a cold day,say 20 deg.F,I would set it to send the computer to about 80 deg.F.When the weather warms up to maybe 50 deg,the computer might say IAT is only 90 deg.So I have to make an adjustment to get the correct offset again.It gets pretty annoying having to fiddle with this thing constantly.Is this normal?Could it be that the EFIE had this built into its programming deliberately?Or is the EFIE bad?

Really? No one has had anything similar?
04-02-2014 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply