Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE Issues
hhosurfer Offline

EFIE Issues
Ok I have the plans for the EFIE and followed it as close as possible. The only difference I can see it the T1. I used Radio Shack 273-1374. Before the T1 I see .300mv but after the T1 to C3 I do not see anything. ????.

Anythoughts?
05-01-2008 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE Issues
I'm not sure why you would have trouble getting any voltage out of that thing. I'm assuming you've made sure that you have the correct wires for primary and secondary windings. If you're getting 0 volts, I've got to think that you have the wires crossed up one each of primary and secondary being used as your primary, or the thing is actually broken. You should get some voltage through it.

Otherwise, you might try raising and lowering C1. It may be that it doesn't like the frequency it's getting. Take C1 down as low as 470 pF or as high as .01 uF. If you still can't get anything through, then you've got a broken wire inside your transformer.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-02-2008 06:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhosurfer Offline

mike Wrote:I'm not sure why you would have trouble getting any voltage out of that thing. I'm assuming you've made sure that you have the correct wires for primary and secondary windings. If you're getting 0 volts, I've got to think that you have the wires crossed up one each of primary and secondary being used as your primary, or the thing is actually broken. You should get some voltage through it.

Otherwise, you might try raising and lowering C1. It may be that it doesn't like the frequency it's getting. Take C1 down as low as 470 pF or as high as .01 uF. If you still can't get anything through, then you've got a broken wire inside your transformer.

The 273-1374 has a frequency response of 300Hz to 5KHz-

and C1 is .0047khz and R2 is 10K + 4.7K 5% = 15.3K Total

any suggestions?
THanks Mike
05-05-2008 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I don't know what you mean by C1 rated as khz. However, I think you'll need a different transformer. 5khz isn't quick enough. I use 470 nF at C1 and my frequency is around 240 kHz. That gives me good stable operation. Lower frequencies don't give steady voltages. I don't know what your C1 value is, but I suspect you're over the top of that transformer.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-06-2008 09:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply