Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE Legality
uberhho Offline

EFIE Legality
does the efie, pwm, or the infamous DEMSE modify, tamper with or defeat the emission control system in any way? I just can't get my head around cutting fuel lines and then clamping them to 'heat it' with which was originally Teflon tape with some foil wrapped around. I would think the fuel line is high pressure and cutting it would be very bad. Confused

Onto a more positive note. I can see using just an HHO generator would be ok but all of these other things are stepping over the line. Maybe it is just a turn of the times-- Our elected officials must make new rules and regulations. They must adapt to the times, allowing these gas saving systems. Put into the hands of the individual user. We should be free to experiment with their own vehicles. If not, then the government should enforce it, but that is impossible for then there would be a police state and we as a nation, a democracy would not allow it. However, we do tolerate it to an extent.
02-12-2009 05:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: EFIE Legality
Then I guess you better leave (or look the other way Wink) since most of those things you mentioned conflict with federal law.

OTOH, hho without them typically will worsen your mileage. You might have a little better luck with a h2 generator if you have an aversion to modding sensors.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-12-2009 06:09 PM
uberhho Offline

Buying lucas (which I do not sugest), an additive is one thing which Oil companies have been very good at. Changing the combustion process is a whole new animal.

Rick you are the man! Want to take over the world with me?
02-12-2009 06:32 PM
colchiro Offline

I like Lucas. Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-12-2009 07:02 PM
Alttech Offline

I guess it all depends on how good your lawyer is.
According to the EPA laws, any tampering with the emission control systems is a violation. But if I can install a HHO kit, EFIE, etc, etc, and get FAR less emissions coming out of the exhaust, are they going to fight me in court saying that I altered the emission system and got better emission results that they could?
A lot of their laws came from a time when we all were removing the smog pumps and cats from our vehicles because they were robbing power. (or sprung a leak) But that seems so long ago..........
Anyway, they know what we're doing, they're watching.
02-12-2009 07:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uberhho Offline

(02-12-2009 07:02 PM)colchiro Wrote:  I like Lucas. Wink

http://www.carbibles.com/additives.html
(02-12-2009 07:46 PM)Alttech Wrote:  I guess it all depends on how good your lawyer is.
According to the EPA laws, any tampering with the emission control systems is a violation. But if I can install a HHO kit, EFIE, etc, etc, and get FAR less emissions coming out of the exhaust, are they going to fight me in court saying that I altered the emission system and got better emission results that they could?
A lot of their laws came from a time when we all were removing the smog pumps and cats from our vehicles because they were robbing power. (or sprung a leak) But that seems so long ago..........
Anyway, they know what we're doing, they're watching.

Would they?

Let those Wankers watch us take off our cats again.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 08:29 PM by uberhho.)
02-12-2009 08:28 PM
colchiro Offline

The only Lucas product I used was their injector cleaner and it seemed to work well. I used it about twice a year before I started using E85. (Ethanol is a very good gas line cleaner.) Didn't see any mention of Lucas on that page tho.

Rick

02-12-2009 08:39 PM
uberhho Offline

Ya, I'll find the test. It was the Oil stabilizer, basically he performend his own test with that gear mechanism that you see with the Lucas counter-display instead of manual turning the gears he attached it to a variable speed motor and ran it for quite some time. Bob concluded that the Lucas oil stabilizer did the exact opposite of what was expected for an additive. He observed MORE air pockets in the oil with the Lucas. A bad thing.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 09:15 PM by uberhho.)
02-12-2009 09:08 PM
colchiro Offline

I've seen that and like I said, only used the injector cleaner.

Rick

02-13-2009 04:30 AM
Gary Offline

I observed the counter thing with the crank and as a longtime mechanic, decided that any oil that "pulled" a web between each gear tooth would cause extra drag, not less.
"Honey" additives OTOH, are another animal. Although some may thicken the oil a bit, the extra properties of the additive may incur less frictions from metal to metal contact. This is a slippery slope too, inasmuch as it is WORN engines that experience this more than new, where tolerances are tight and hold the oil film between them in the proper manner of design. But a WORN engine is looser, and has less friction overall.
I bought a '60 Chevy pickup off a farm, and the rear end just sang going down the road, basically shot. I put one can of STP oil treatment in it and the singing stopped, and I worked that thing for many years. I've put STP in my old engines, and noticed no difference in mileage, but we didn't know about hypermiling back then. It would make an interesting experiment. Same for the Lucas.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2009 06:19 AM by Gary.)
02-13-2009 06:13 AM