Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE No Change At All 3 Different Cars
hydrodine Offline

EFIE No Change At All 3 Different Cars
Mike, i have purchased 2 dual and 1 single efi from you, All in 3 different vehicles:

2002 Chevy Truck v-8
1998 Mercury Marquis v-6
1998 Saturn 4 cylinder

All running hho gens and have been tweaking for weeks and not any gain at all, zilch, 0, nothing.

The saturn squacks the most at the efie.

I find it hard to believe 3 different vehicles and 0 gains, I am really starting to doubt if any of this really works, I have pissed away at this point hundreds of dollars and got nothing gained.

And yes they are installed and tested per your instructions and test procedures and yes they work according to your testing procedures.

Test equipment includes; Automotive DVM with scope, Liters Per Minute meter, Fuel Mixture Gauge, ScanGauge II.

Suggestions before i blow a gasket?
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2008 06:25 PM by hydrodine.)
06-05-2008 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
This Guy Offline

RE: EFIE No Change At All 3 Different Cars
just curious, what are you amps drawm from your hho generators? The EFIE's may be working, you just might not be getting any advantageous gas production.

what does "Squacks" mean?
06-05-2008 12:21 PM
hydrodine Offline

Squacks means the car does not like it at any setting, And to answer your question about hho production i use a lpm gauge, that means LITERS PER MINUTE and i produce 1.5 lpm.
06-05-2008 12:28 PM
hydrodine Offline

Mike i now see you are saying use a lower efi setting, before you said to run up till you get an cel and go down until it stays off and you have your neon set now at 110 mv. I lowered the saturn down to 150 mv and will see if going backwards does anything, What about the mercury it is up to 300 mv and no cel and no gains.
06-05-2008 06:30 PM
mike Offline

That was an old post. I run mine at about .225 volts.

1.5 liters per minute is good gas production. What kind of HHO unit are you using? Did you buy a commercial version? If home built, what plans did you use?

Also, how many amps do you draw to get that gas production?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-05-2008 09:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hydrodine Offline

They are home built 2 piece design that i designed, they uses thermal siphoning to circulate the KOH electrolyte. The resovoir acts as a bubbler also. I had 16 gauge 316 ss laser cut into 3.5" disc. Pulls about 20 amps hot.

That still does not answer my questions about no gains, No error codes showing on vehicles, again the mercury is at 300 mv and no cel and 0 gain.

They saturn hates it at basically any setting, cause's a power loss like i am running out of gas at interstate speeds once in awhile. Turn off the efi and everything is fine.

You seen my design for the map mod with the a/f meter that i posted, I am out of ideas to get any of this working.
06-06-2008 04:07 AM
mike Offline

Ok, this is definitely not normal. One car being resistive is understandable. It might have a back oxygen sensor which would block all progress until correct. Similar circumstances can occur.

Your gas production is definitely adequate, in fact maybe too much. I'd definitely like to see a lower amp draw. But thats a point of fine tuning, not 0 mpg gain.

I have to conclude that there's something you're doing wrong that causes the same result in each vehicle. Please don't be offended by that. But for all 3 cars to be no gain, there is probably a common cause that we can find and handle.

How are you testing your mileage? Miles driven divided by gallons pumped into the tank? A ScanGauge won't work right after you start tweaking sensors.

Do you have mileage results with HHO only, and no other handlings? If not, please turn the EFIEs off (which will reconnect the sensor signal wire). Lets get a baseline with HHO only.

Do you have any other handlings in place besides the HHO and EFIE?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-06-2008 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Also, any check valves or other possible restrictions? How is hho entering your engine? Have you checked for leaks with soapy water?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-06-2008 02:46 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

At least you got a EFIE ... im still waiting since the 20th for mine !
06-06-2008 06:55 PM
hydrodine Offline

All mileage checks are done with miles versus gallons, not the scan gauge. Baseline mercury avg. mpg 21.5 with or with out hho gen. It breifly jumped to 23 for a couple of days then back down. I am up to 300 mv and no cel and still 21.5 mpg.

The saturn has more uphill power with the a/c running with hho and less power without. Base mpg is 31, went to 39 first week with hho only then back to 31, Then i ordered the single efi for it and still at 31 mpg. My 02 sensor is a single wire, so it's kinda of hard to screw it up. It does have a down stream sensor as well. I have had 3 different cel codes and they all have been 02 sensor related. Right now i have it a 150 mv and today it did not act like i was running out of fuel but still no mpg gain.

I lowered the amps to 8 and my hho out put is .5 lpm at this point. I just got done building a pwm from electronic-light.com and will install it this weekend.

Yes i have check valves, they are installed correctly and do pass gas, checked output with a flow meter, I can remove them and see it it helps

The truck will come last if i ever get these two working.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2008 08:38 PM by hydrodine.)
06-06-2008 08:33 PM