Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE No Mileage? May have answer?
Robert Ameigh Offline

EFIE No Mileage? May have answer?
I may have adjusted O2 wrong direction thus killing mileage.S o let me ask if this is right.Starting point is about 450 millivolts and if high value to computer means rich condition then then I should have between 490 to 905 milivolts to make computer think it has been dumping tomuch fuel into engine. Does this sound right? . We were telling computer that95 was the right signal and the engine was dumping huge fuel and we lost 4 miles to the gallon in town. I hope we have found the solution to our problem. All help is appreciated on this supercharged vehicleBig Grin
06-23-2008 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CitatioN10 Offline

RE: EFIE No Mileage? May have answer?
So wait, your running it at 450 right now ? I had mine at 509 today , " Didnt mean too and it was starting to miss . Then I found out I got a 2nd upstream O2 .. good thing I got the dual efie
06-23-2008 08:10 PM
Robert Ameigh Offline

CitatioN10 Wrote:So wait, your running it at 450 right now ? I had mine at 509 today , " Didnt mean too and it was starting to miss . Then I found out I got a 2nd upstream O2 .. good thing I got the dual efie

I set the O2 to read at about 435 and will drive tomorrow and see if mileage improves since we lost mileage.if it does then I may go to 500 millivolts to see if it gets better miles.I have 3 cells in this vehicle and hope we are finally on track to see results.
06-23-2008 08:34 PM
dpater47 Offline

Robert Ameigh Wrote:
CitatioN10 Wrote:So wait, your running it at 450 right now ? I had mine at 509 today , " Didnt mean too and it was starting to miss . Then I found out I got a 2nd upstream O2 .. good thing I got the dual efie

I set the O2 to read at about 435 and will drive tomorrow and see if mileage improves since we lost mileage.if it does then I may go to 500 millivolts to see if it gets better miles.I have 3 cells in this vehicle and hope we are finally on track to see results.
i for one wait to hear your results,i can't get mine set over .200 without kicking the check engine on and the instuctions say start at .200 and at .225 the light kicks on.i've seen no difference in mileage but we are getting ready to install it on a QX4 and will see what happens,we know it works,maybe just not as good on certain cars or engines.
06-24-2008 03:47 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

Does it come on as soon as you turn the engine on ? or when your driving with it above 200 ? if so maybe you don't have enough output to run it above 200. Last night after seeing mire at 509 I went to 280, today I still have to wire it to the other o2 sensor that I didn't see. Once I do that I will still leave it at 280 ish and go up from there . I still have yet to see a CEL light !
06-24-2008 04:01 AM
dpater47 Offline

CitatioN10 Wrote:Does it come on as soon as you turn the engine on ? or when your driving with it above 200 ? if so maybe you don't have enough output to run it above 200. Last night after seeing mire at 509 I went to 280, today I still have to wire it to the other o2 sensor that I didn't see. Once I do that I will still leave it at 280 ish and go up from there . I still have yet to see a CEL light !
as i said in another post it may take a day or two for it to come on ,yesterday after the reset it came on within two hours.one guy thought it was wired wrong but a recheck shows it's wired ok.i know it's not the o2 because if i shut the efie off it never comes on and i have left it off for 3 to 4 days.i'll keep screwing with it.i have had it at .200 and a high of .300,it takes it alot longer to come on at the lower setting.it's a 3.8 chrysler mini 2002,i'd be intrested to hear from anyone else that has a similar van.thanks for the reply.
06-24-2008 04:11 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

Mine is starting to go fruity at 280 now , so I know what your saying
06-24-2008 10:25 AM
mike Offline

Guys:

I'm really sorry to get on this thread so late. But .45 volts is for sure too high. The ECU sees anything below .45 volts as low, and anything above .45 volts as high. It expects to see switching occurring a couple of times a second, as in transitions from low to high. Even when the sensor is reading low, it'll still have some voltage. Let's say it's .050 volts when it's low. If the EFIE is set to .4 volts and the sensor is .05 volts when low, the ECU will never see a low condition. It will therefore think the sensor is bad and will throw a code perhaps, but will definitely run the engine rich and in open loop.

That's why some of you are having trouble going above .250 or .300. The EFIE voltage plus the sensor's voltage (when it's reading low voltage) must be below .45 volts for correct operation.

The bottom line is that an EFIE run above .45 volts is a complete waste of an EFIE. You'd be better off just cutting your sensor's signal wire. The result will be the same.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-25-2008 12:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CitatioN10 Offline

you should stick that last post !
06-25-2008 07:51 AM
mike Offline

Well, it's covered in the installation instructions and I don't want to put up too many stickies. I did do a little mod to the instructions to hopefully make the point more clearly.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-26-2008 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply