Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE OR MAP TO USE
firewheel56 Offline

EFIE OR MAP TO USE
HI> I HAVE a 1988 nissan pathfinder V6 3.oL and need to know what is the best to use I have aEFIE from you but not haveing good luck my oxygen sensor if that is what it is is a 4 wire 2 for heater one is a sensor and one goes hafe way down harness and stops the output volts driveing down the road is betewn .090 and full load is 1.369 65 MPH is .090 to 1.112 with EFIE it goes to -- volts and i get a CEL. any help to fix would make me happy alot of people are whenting to see mine work THIS IS A CA> MODEL thanks
11-11-2008 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: EFIE OR MAP TO USE
First, to answer your question, the efie is the better of the two since it has the final word. Better yet would be to use both, with the MAP set to a low setting, but you didn't say you had one so lets work with the efie.

Is this the deluxe efie with the jacks on the front?

If you're getting the fast-changing .1 to 1 vdc signal from your black jack to ground (or green wire to ground), it sounds like you have the correct wire. Then we're interested in your efie's offset voltage, black meter probe in black jack, red in red, or black to green wire and red to white wire. (See "EFIE Installation Instructions" in my Documents link for info on reading the offset.)

We generally don't care about the voltage to the ecu and the o2 voltage is rarely needed, once we know the unit is wired properly.

When measured after your vehicle and efie have warmed up for at least 10 minutes, your offset voltage should be around 150 mv dc (or .15 vdc). If you don't get a cel with that setting, it's safe to increment it in 50 mv steps, usually several days apart.

If you still continue to get a CEL, you should get that code read at an auto parts store so we know what's causing it. (Many stores will read a code for free.) I'm guessing you have your efie cranked up too high and it's a lean code or a "O2 sensor high voltage" code, both are common with a setting too high.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-12-2008 04:10 PM
firewheel56 Offline

THANK YOU for replying i have the jacts on my EFIE and maybe i am doing this wrong because i always got a CEL i have been driveing with on EFIE hooked up so i can see what my o2 is saying today i whent 50 miles my reading was 55mph. .112 to a max. of 1.411 vdc i have a K AND N AFR meter that reads high and low the same as the o2 reads . it has been installed 15,000 miles. i put it in just to see if a freeflow cat and exhast would help miles per gal. or not . but i feel with k/n meter you wll see fast if something is working or not. so i was trying to lean it out with no hho. or enhancer . just to see if my vehicle was the right one to use. and if i can take control of the comp. than i feel very high mpg. are . there in time sorry this is long but it will save time . on replys. THANKS .
11-12-2008 06:45 PM
colchiro Offline

Get me that offset voltage, red meter in red jack, black in black after efie and engine has been running at least 10 minutes. That's the setting we need to know and might give me a clue to your CEL problem.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-12-2008 07:31 PM
firewheel56 Offline

hi. when i set of
setvolts to .150mv. no cel. But mv. go -- and jumps around all the time . when i revirse o2 and comp. wires i get ++ back and clean adjustable mv. from about 110mv. to about 980mv. i dont know if it is revirse wires on EFIE. thanks i need all the help i can get.
11-14-2008 05:13 PM
colchiro Offline

Maybe if you turn your meter up to 2 volt scale, you won't see the -- or ++, which usually means it's too high to show.

There should be no reason to swap the wires, green (and brown) should always connect to the o2 sensor.

Is that 150 mv measured after a 10 minute warm-up? If you don't get a cell, stick to the lower setting and start checking for results.

Rick

11-14-2008 05:58 PM
firewheel56 Offline

thanks . i can change the range of the meter but still the same. so what i did about aweek ago was buy a new EFIE online with a meter installed in it and got the same reading i have replaced 3 02 sensors all the same . maybe it a AFR but all wireing dig. say o2 sensor thanks.
11-14-2008 06:12 PM
colchiro Offline

According to Bruce you have a narrow band o2: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php...4#pid21814

See "EFIE Installation Instructions" in my Documents link for info for reading and adjusting your efie. Hopefully you just misunderstand how to adjust it.

Rick

11-14-2008 06:27 PM
firewheel56 Offline

thanks for all of the help .the EFIE is working think but I Still have a problem with offset volts . when i start vhec, offset stays at 200mdc or what i set it at and reads +++ after 10 sec. about it goes ---- . so when i start it set at 200mvdc it is ++++ than it goes ---- I put a diode in between EFIE and o2. that work for five min. and i got CEL> cleared comp. i took it off . i can set offset mvdc at 500 it will be +++ at idle but even just 1500RPM and it slowly goes ---- I feel i am getting feed back . any help out there. thanks leads on meter are red to red black to black ON EFIE ports . at 500mvdc i dont get a CEL.
12-05-2008 07:01 PM
colchiro Offline

Did you try turning your meter to a higher setting (2VDC or 20VDC) to see if the --- or +++ goes away?

colchiro Wrote:Maybe if you turn your meter up to 2 volt scale, you won't see the -- or ++, which usually means it's too high to show.

Rick

12-05-2008 07:09 PM