Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE OR MAP TO USE
firewheel56 Offline

RE: EFIE OR MAP TO USE
THANKS FOR REPLY YES I DID I EVEN USED A efie WITH A analoge meter buit in it and i was afraid i would bend the needle on it .
12-05-2008 07:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Then you need to keep turning up the meter until you can read it.

Did you have that CEL read so you know what code is being set?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2008 07:38 PM by colchiro.)
12-05-2008 07:36 PM
firewheel56 Offline

NO it is a1988 and has a on board comp under pass. seat with two lights that blink but real hard to get at to read it has no outlet for a scaner. i can set meter higher but than it will not read thanks.
12-05-2008 07:47 PM
colchiro Offline

Just re-read the thread.

To confirm, you have an efie connected, but no hho? (I forgot that.)

If this is the case, you should turn your efie down all the way unit you hear (or feel) it click. It's probably about 20+ turns from end to end so might take a few turns. Then you might see if you can read the offset, which should probably be in the neighborhood of about 50 mv DC.

Running an efie without some fuel efficiency mod (like hho) isn't recommended for most vehicles and can cause you to throw lean codes.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-05-2008 08:19 PM
firewheel56 Offline

i am runing hho i have two ss rods with flat washer spaced on it lots of hho. if i turn down i get 28mvdc at red / black ports if i hook up red /red and black to ground i get about 1.300 vdc it wll go up and down .023 to 1.300 with EFIE with buit in anolog meter it would show o2 plus what ever offset you turn it to so you could start at .001mvdc and add 3vdc of off set to it plus what o2 put out not that you run that high . but even on that one reivre. reading but when i rev. wires (o2 and comp) in put it readed right not to say it was right i even put bat . jumper cable from base of o2 on exhast pipe to chaise and to bat --- . my EFIE is hook right to bat . so no line loss or float ing ground my vdc meter and K/N meter read the same bouth read high together and low together so i know in about 4miles if i am doing good or bad .
12-05-2008 09:33 PM
colchiro Offline

Once we know it's installed correctly, we rarely need to know anything but the offset voltage (red to red, black to black) because we know the o2 will be between 0 and 1 and the ecu will be the sum of the offset and the o2 voltage.

If you want to test the efie, that's simple, just remove the o2 and ecu wires and turn it on and see if the offset varies by turning the pot and see if it's stable.

Otherwise I can only suggest it's probably turned too high. It's rare to need much over 200 mv offset for most vehicles. Mike's efie gradually climbs after 5 to 10 minutes to help with cold starts. Not sure if yours does too.

Rick

12-05-2008 10:22 PM
firewheel56 Offline

i have have mikes EFIE delux i was just saying that i have the same thing with three dif. EFIE the thing am i right or wrong in my test. i wll try a map because i have one but cant not get wire drg. to hook up tryed on line but no one knows how.
12-05-2008 10:37 PM
colchiro Offline

Also, where are you introducing your hho to the engine? By any chance is it engine vacuum? A vacuum leak can cause you to throw codes.

Rick

12-06-2008 06:46 AM
firewheel56 Offline

Gasp today when it gets warmer outside i wll plug off vacum lines to cold start . i have a CA. smog engine will alot of thing to go wrong on cold start to warm. thanks for the help .i will let you know.Gasp
12-06-2008 08:53 AM
firewheel56 Offline

i check vacuum lines allok if i run hho line into air filter inlet will filter filter out hho gas ? just now i unhooked heater wires from o2 and no ---- on EFIE stays at mvdc where i offset at +++ i didnt drive to check for CEL. in a few hours i will try one wire o2 and see what happen. LANDY
12-06-2008 11:01 AM