Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE OR MAP TO USE
colchiro Offline

RE: EFIE OR MAP TO USE
When you introduce hho in a vacuum line, you are also leaning the mix from the extra air that enters.

If air can pass thru your filter, hydrogen and oxygen (hho) can enter. Some maintain as close to engine as possible and others say outside the MAF sensor is best. You'd have to decide what works best for you.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-06-2008 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
firewheel56 Offline

HI RICK what i did today was to install a EFIE made by GEORGE W ISEMAN . that i bought about a year ago . but never installed and i think it took care of my problem always haveing the offset mvdc going ---- the thing i finded out today is if read comp plug and to -- and it says 1.300 and i set off at 200mvdc than comp pulg will say 1.100 so the offset took away mvdc going to comp. so when i hook up EFIE made by GEORGE WISEMAN i get the right offset and the mvdc i add shows on input to comp. and most important is that offset stays steady where it may be high but i even set offset at 375mvdc and didnot get a CEL. so does all of this sound like i am on the right track? thanks for input.
12-13-2008 05:26 PM
colchiro Offline

Sounds like an improvement over what you had before, (time will tell).

Don't push the efie too far. Start out under 200 mv and check your mileage. Later you can try higher offsets in 50 mv increments.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-13-2008 09:52 PM