Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
EFIE Question
SloobyLoo Offline

RE: EFIE Question
Hi Mike,

Yeah.. I guess my point is that the rear O2 is less to do with running an AF ratio that will run the car, the front sensor will more than adequately do that without the distorting influences of the cat, and more about ensuring that the cat is functioning properly and has the correct amount on residual fuel to "light up" as they say. Practically it means little to you in terms of treatment other than that maybe the other reported cat parameters may give a clues as to how much to put into the post cat sensor.

BTW The liquid injection LPG actually has a cooling affect on the valves as the gas expands into the chamber. What it lacks is any lube effect but that is less important now we run unleaded fuels and harder valves. I'm talking more from history BUT so little is known about the new setups and new engines you need to be cautious. Theoretically its safer to go leaner with the new gear but we are still experimenting.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2010 04:06 PM by SloobyLoo.)
10-11-2010 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Ok. Cool. Got it on the LPG. I've never worked with it personally. That's good data.

In summary, while we've sold many 1,000s of EFIEs now, I've just never heard of anyone causing damage to their engine. It doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I've never even heard of it before. Now, note, our instructions are very clear that EFIEs shouldn't be used by themselves, but only with HHO or other technology that increases the combustion efficiency of the petroleum.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-13-2010 07:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SloobyLoo Offline

Its the heat of the combustion that really counts, too much oxygen and it burns too hot, I have no idea what extra hydrogen does to the combustion! If it lowers the temperature of the reaction then you are in safe territory, if not then it is a real risk. Newer cars will go longer before valve recession shows up due to the fact that modern valves are much harder. The cause and effect could be 40,000 Km apart, it may be that HHOers are just not connecting the two. I really don't know, you'd need to ask a chemist...

If heat is an issue then maybe it can be mitigated by running a valve lube system...

http://www.vanmeenen.com/LPG-autogas-Vla...shlube.htm

Regardless, watching your plugs will give you a clue as to how hot you are running.

I'm operating from a similar point to the HHO guys in that the ECU is using too much LPG to begin with, it is trying to make the exhaust signature look like a slightly rich petrol mix but that results in a very rich LPG mix. Some ECU's are better with the LPG because they run leaner, Subaru is just conservative and run a little rich... this translates to a lot rich under LPG because it requires much more LPG to get to what would be a slightly rich looking petrol exhaust.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2010 05:38 PM by SloobyLoo.)
10-13-2010 04:13 PM
benny50 Offline

This is a great resource that could really help me a lot. Anyways, something really bothers me just last night. I am not sure but I think my LPG has leaked. I just hope it's not. How can I be sure if it leaks or not?

divorce records
01-19-2011 12:02 PM
SloobyLoo Offline

Get it to a fitter, you will need to get the whole system checked if you think it is leaking. Painting a soapy liquid over the accessible or suspect parts of the system and looking for bubbles will give you a clue but if you can smell gas (it should be distinctive!) you really need to pull tanks out etc so that the whole thing can be checked.
01-19-2011 02:38 PM
kerminator Away
Kerminator

Have several different HHO systems on different Ford vehicles...

Have used both the Volo and G Force chips but with little success...

Can anyone suggest any other better chip choices?
09-06-2011 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

If you're not getting success with either chip, you may well have something else wrong. See this article for problems and solutions to little or no mileage gains: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/hho-system-debugging .

If you need an EFIE, that's the best site to get one. But I would make sure the something else isn't causing the problem before spending any more money.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 11:29 AM by mike.)
09-07-2011 11:29 AM