Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE Results
MagDrive Offline

EFIE Results

After purchasing your EFIE Dual unit I got the opportunity to install it.
After getting it all wired up and getting the initial voltages. The right bank O2 sensor at 140 millivolts and the left bank at 240 milli volts. I proceeded to get them balanced out.
Bringing them together at 250 milli volts after the vehicle had warmed up, here is where I began. Slowly increasing the voltage to 300 milli volts and checking the engine using a scan gauge and multi meter.
Not much change, so I upped it up to 350 milli volts per side, a change in engine sound and exhaust started to take place.
After reading your reccommendations on Fuel assist for setting from 300 - 500 milli volts, I upped both sides to 480 milli volts. Changes took place, in engine sound performance, exhaust and throttle response.
Having an MagDrive 11a brick installed I was already achieving a 5 mpg increase running at 13.6 volts DC and 5.4 amps on the 11a brick cell.
That alone brought up my over all mileage from 12.4 to 17.2+ mpg. Now with the FuelSaver-MPG Dual EFIE installed and turned up to 486 milli volts I took the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L Magnum v8 out for a trial run. Having the latest Scan gauge installed and having prior numbers to compare from, the actual mileage increase went up another 5 mpg average to the mid 22 mpg consumption range. There was no loss in power or performance, the engine did not run hot or hotter than normal. Over all for a first try with only a short dial in sequence, I can see that this EFIE can produce some very interesting results. We will be ordering several more of your Dual EFIE units in the very near future for installation and trial runs on several of our different vehicles here at MagDrive FuelfromH2o,LLC.
Will post results as soon as we can. Thanks for a good product that actually does what it will say it will do...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-18-2007 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE Results
That's great news, thanks.

I've been meaning to do a writeup on how to increase the voltage range of the EFIE. I ship them with a max voltage offset of approx .550. This can be increased if needed rather easily. I'll try to get that writeup done tonight. But, if you do go higher, please be very careful. It's not your overall engine temperature that will go up, but your valve temperature. However, if power stays up, and you're getting better mileage, you should still be on safe ground.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-19-2007 12:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Ok, here's the link to instructions to adjust your EFIE's range.

Visit Our Documents Page
11-19-2007 02:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01olds Offline

HI i.am not sure if someone is asking me a question....abour the EFIE.device... see at this time...... i have disconnected it!! sometiing wasnt right just could not get every thing set correct !! (ugh) * i now have whats called 02extender *as i stated above* .....so far it seems to be doing..good i. have read it take near 2 weeks for the car computer to relearn the leaning affects the 02 extender ... so i think it work.... a good learning place..thanks good luck on your project don.
04-03-2008 07:28 AM
mike Offline

Great Don. Yes, I was asking you some questions. I was trying to establish what kind of sensor you have. I suspect it's an AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio) sensor, which operates differently, and which will not work with an EFIE. An O2 extender is one of the alternate methods of handling such a sensor. Since you seem to be doing well with it, I'll let it be.

Good luck with your project.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-03-2008 07:41 AM
01olds Offline

HI yes its the 02 extender.......i,ll give it a try......i had to drill it out some what larger than 1/2 inch to give the exgasses room to flow around.....well see if it works as stated by outhers huh.. thanks again .. back again! the car has an mass air flow censor a hot wire thing inside...maybe thats what causing me a big head acke (lol) not really sure oh and some was asking me about my hho its 15 plate 3+6 set at about( 4 amps 8 volts) setup its a clear plastic cearel box 3+10+ 11... its made for a regular box of any type of cearel to fit into mounted between radiator and grill so will keep plenty cool this summer..... every thing is ready set ..... after i get the car computer to relearn the leaning permiters the 02 extender is supposed to do... if that developes...i,ll know ... then i,ll turn the switch on and hopefull see some real millage increase..........however i am prepaired for any dissapointments also...... time will tell huh...so far things that are supposed to work arent working...... good luck on your project also..... don..
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2008 07:55 AM by 01olds.)
04-03-2008 09:37 AM
ghahai ghato Offline

01olds Wrote:HI i.am not sure if someone is asking me a question....abour the EFIE.device... see at this time...... i have disconnected it!! sometiing wasnt right just could not get every thing set correct !! (ugh) * i now have whats called 02extender *as i stated above* .....so far it seems to be doing..good i. have read it take near 2 weeks for the car computer to relearn the leaning affects the 02 extender ... so i think it work.... a good learning place..thanks good luck on your project don.

Wow... 2 weeks for the ECU to relearn?
Why does it take so long?
Confused
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2008 10:55 PM by ghahai ghato.)
04-08-2008 10:52 PM
01olds Offline

HI i that was my understanding at first.....now after looking over some info from that subject i see we can expect to see good results after the first tank full .......i like that better
04-09-2008 08:56 AM