Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE Results Question for EFIE Users
sumbich Offline

EFIE Results Question for EFIE Users
I have just recently purchased an EFIE board from the site, and can't wait to install it near the end of the week. This question is to all of those who have installed and are using them:

How good is your mileage now compared to before, with or without a MAF/MAP enhancer as compared to the EFIE? What percentage of an increase? How about City versus Highway, along with an approximate average of both?

Thank you to all in advance.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2009 04:59 PM by sumbich.)
03-24-2009 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: EFIE Results Question for EFIE Users
Hmmm... tough questions.

I'm moving this to the hho group where I think more people will read it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-24-2009 05:07 PM
thomasbala Offline

RE: EFIE Results Question for EFIE Users
(03-24-2009 04:58 PM)sumbich Wrote:  I have just recently purchased an EFIE board from the site, and can't wait to install it near the end of the week. This question is to all of those who have installed and are using them:

How good is your mileage now compared to before, with or without a MAF/MAP enhancer as compared to the EFIE? What percentage of an increase? How about City versus Highway, along with an approximate average of both?

Thank you to all in advance.
My vehicle: '98 Nissan Maxima, 3.0L V6. Had no luck with MAF enhancers at all. With about 1.5 to 2 lpm and Mike's EFIE I went from 23.5 mpg avg. to 28-29 mpg avg. At 60 mph, 2000 rpm, level interstate, no head or tail wind my Scangauge says 40 mpg. Without HHO and EFIE Scangauge reads 30 mpg [same conditions]. It took me a while to get used to adjusting the EFIE and the right settings for my car. Turned out the best setting was the one Mike recommends to start out with, 225mv. Good luck.
03-25-2009 04:30 PM