Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE-Service Engine Soon light
Pit-Man Offline

EFIE-Service Engine Soon light
I installed the EFFIE on the two oxygen sensors of my 2000 GMC 2wd truck. The readings started at.200 mv. Eventually my "Service Engine Soon" light came on which indicates an electrical problem with the emissions system but does not give any type of code. Adjusting the EFFIE down to .05 or up to .450 did not make the light go out. I tried disconnecting the battery cables to get it to reset but the light is still on. I'm assuming that this will cause the vehicle to run in the open loop mode which will cause it to use more gas. I have two areas that I'm putting the hydrogen into the engine, 1. between the air intake filter & air intake 2. manifold intake. I discontinued the manifold intake thinking that this may have caused too much of a pressure change effecting the MAP pressure reading. I've read the tunning for milage documents but this seems to offer many unanswered questions as so may sensors have to be individually tuned. What would you suggest?
05-08-2008 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jasonporter181 Offline

RE: EFIE-Service Engine Soon light
There are 3 ways I know to reset your trouble code.

1. use a scangauge tool.

2. use a Chilton or Hayes manuel or research on internet and find proper proceedure for the reset.

3. disconnect both battery terminals, touch them together as brake is pressed and leave disconnected for at least 2 hours. (drains capacitors)

Tell me if I missed anything Mike
05-08-2008 11:42 AM
Glennjr Offline

RE: EFIE-Service Engine Soon light
jasonporter181 Wrote:There are 3 ways I know to reset your trouble code.

1. use a scangauge tool.

2. use a Chilton or Hayes manuel or research on internet and find proper proceedure for the reset.

3. disconnect both battery terminals, touch them together as brake is pressed and leave disconnected for at least 2 hours. (drains capacitors)

Tell me if I missed anything Mike
Pit Man,
You need to know what the code is so you can figure out what caused it to set in the first place. If you have an Auto Zone in your area they have code readers there and can retrieve the code for you. Or you can purchase a code reader, they are not very expensive for just a reader. If you can't get the definition for the code, just drop me an e-mail with the number and I will give you the and probable causes. I have all that information at my shop.
Glenn Jr.
05-08-2008 12:40 PM