Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE adjustment with a meter
naterackers Offline

EFIE adjustment with a meter
I am currently installing my EFIE. If I hook up my meter to the O2 sensor signal wire and ground, should I be able to monitor my voltage and see it drop when the HHO cell is turned on? When I try it now it seems like the meter jumps around from 0 to 1 volt not matter what. I realize it is supposed to fluctuate but should it always fluctuate from 0 to 1 volt? How can I tell if it is lean or rich if this is the case?
thanks
07-28-2008 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
saltmine Offline

RE: EFIE adjustment with a meter
It's supposed to fluctuate. In fact, if everything is performing properly, the switching will be so fast, you won't be able to follow it with your eye.

The EFIE has test ports on it...unless yours is homemade...

Most scan tools only sample about one in ten readings coming from the oxygen sensor...They do this so the guy reading the scan can actually see the reading...and still be in "real time".

What you could do, if your DVOM is sophisticated enough ($$$) is adjust the read-out settings to average the peaks or like mine does...follow trends.

I had better results using a Scangage...It samples one in twenty so you can actually see the trends.

Of course, some cars are not compatable with the Scangage...so if that's the case, you need to find somebody with a sophisticated "true RMS" digital volt-ohm meter, or a scan tool.
08-30-2008 09:34 PM
colchiro Offline

Too hard to tell your air fuel reading with a volt meter, unless you have one that can give you an average reading over time (like 5 minutes on a flat road with cruise set).

You can buy air-fuel meters for about $35 and up that you can connect to your sensor (ahead of your efie) to see what your ratio is. Sometimes hard to read that tho too since it's constantly changing.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-31-2008 12:08 PM
JET USA Offline

RE: adjustment..... It connects in series with the O2 sensor. should start at about 0.175 across the effie. I set mine to about 0.3 and the check engine light came on and it ran rough.
I also bought one of the fuel ratio gauges. It appeared to be running lean so I replaced the 02 sensor. The readings appear to not have changed any, so maybe it wasn't needed to be changed.
The sensor hasn't been touched for a very long time so it got changed anyway.
I still need to do some adjusting, when I get the cell back in. I took it out to clean it up and
replace the bolts in the top connections because of a melting problem at the bolts.
my cells are all hommade. When it goes back in I will put in a pwm to regulate the current.
If you want to look at my pictures it is http://waterworks4fuel.com/pictures.html

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
11-07-2008 02:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply