Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE chip troubleshooting
jared Offline

RE: EFIE chip troubleshooting
Right now I have the red/positive wire from the EFIE connected into the the same power source as the oxygen sensor. Is this adaquit power for the EFIE? Jared
10-29-2007 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I would think so. I'm assuming you have a heated oxygen sensor, and are connected to the power for the heater, correct? This would be fine as the EFIE draws a negligible amount of power.

If you are in doubt about it, just get power from some other switched source. Any circuit will do, because it just doesn't draw enough power to worry about.

Are you having some kind of trouble? That you're trying to debug?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-29-2007 11:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wphuang2005 Offline

mike Wrote:I would think so. I'm assuming you have a heated oxygen sensor, and are connected to the power for the heater, correct? This would be fine as the EFIE draws a negligible amount of power.

If you are in doubt about it, just get power from some other switched source. Any circuit will do, because it just doesn't draw enough power to worry about.

Are you having some kind of trouble? That you're trying to debug?

I think the EFIE's power supply can be turn on with your fuel saver's switch. When fuel saver off, the EFIE also off but there need a relay inside the EFIE.
03-14-2008 02:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Our EFIEs have relays in them, so that they will reconnect the sensor to the ECU when they are powered off. So this arrangement will work fine.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-14-2008 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply