Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE enhancers on Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter
Ronnie Crocker Offline

EFIE enhancers on Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter
Has anyone had any luck installing an EFIE on a Dodge Ram 1500 4.7V-8 to complement a hydrogen electrolyzer and increase fuel mileage. If so would you plese share your results with me because I have only seen about a 1.5 - 2.0 mpg increase but I have not installed the EFIE yet.
10-25-2008 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alpha-dog Offline

RE: EFIE enhancers on Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter
Ronnie Crocker Wrote:Has anyone had any luck installing an EFIE on a Dodge Ram 1500 4.7V-8 to complement a hydrogen electrolyzer and increase fuel mileage. If so would you plese share your results with me because I have only seen about a 1.5 - 2.0 mpg increase but I have not installed the EFIE yet.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=771

You might enjoy reading this
russ
10-25-2008 04:06 PM
alpha-dog Offline

I did get my EFIE installed today and have set it at 195 mv.
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi, so the EFIE does indeed work on our vehicles.
I'll let you know about FE when I know. I can tell you that yesterday at 55 mph I got 23.5 mpg. Being an MDS engine all that tells me is that I haven't lost any mpg even though I'm putting the extra load on the engine. I'd call that a good start.
Russ
10-26-2008 12:28 PM
Ronnie Crocker Offline

alpha-dog Wrote:I did get my EFIE installed today and have set it at 195 mv.
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi, so the EFIE does indeed work on our vehicles.
I'll let you know about FE when I know. I can tell you that yesterday at 55 mph I got 23.5 mpg. Being an MDS engine all that tells me is that I haven't lost any mpg even though I'm putting the extra load on the engine. I'd call that a good start.
Russ

That sounds about like what I'm getting, however I have my EFIE set at about .340mv and I have not seen any loss in power or rough running. I did a highway test and ran 57.1 miles and added 2.54 galloms to fill back up. The math comes out to 22.64 or something like that. I noticed that when I first start the motor in the mornings that my mv are around .195 and gradually climb up to around .340 and level off. I'm wondering how I can keep improving my gas mileage? I know that I may have alittle tuning left to get the most out of this device, but I'm thinking that the next step may be something with the map sensor. Have you tried anything else with your truck? Keep in touch with your progress as I will.
Thanks.
10-29-2008 04:15 PM
alpha-dog Offline

Ronnie Crocker Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:I did get my EFIE installed today and have set it at 195 mv.
Russ

That sounds about like what I'm getting, however I have my EFIE set at about .340mv and I have not seen any loss in power or rough running. I did a highway test and ran 57.1 miles and added 2.54 galloms to fill back up. The math comes out to 22.64 or something like that. I noticed that when I first start the motor in the mornings that my mv are around .195 and gradually climb up to around .340 and level off. I'm wondering how I can keep improving my gas mileage? I know that I may have alittle tuning left to get the most out of this device, but I'm thinking that the next step may be something with the map sensor. Have you tried anything else with your truck? Keep in touch with your progress as I will.
Thanks.

Well right now I'm having a little problem. I get check engine light at 250mv, I've since turned it down to 155mv. But here is the strange thing, I'm getting better mpg with it turned off. I connected to pin 4 of the o2 pigtails, I believe thats right. It may be that it goes into open-loop so I'm going to try 155mv for a while. Another person told me that monitoring short term fuel trim is the best way to set these. I've looked and maybe scangauge or aeroforce scan gauge may be a good purchase. I think the aeroforce scan gauge is better, but also cost more. Where are you introduceing HHO, dirty side of the air filter, into the air resonator, or at the throttle body in front of the idle port?
I want to keep tabs with you also. I'm thinking a map mod is in my trucks future.
Russ
10-29-2008 05:11 PM
stl_hemi Offline

LT Fuel. ST is all over the place all the time.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
10-29-2008 05:27 PM
colchiro Offline

alpha-dog Wrote:Well right now I'm having a little problem. I get check engine light at 250mv, I've since turned it down to 155mv. But here is the strange thing, I'm getting better mpg with it turned off. I connected to pin 4 of the o2 pigtails, I believe thats right. It may be that it goes into open-loop so I'm going to try 155mv for a while.

Have you had that code read? Is it a lean code?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-29-2008 07:57 PM
alpha-dog Offline

colchiro Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:Well right now I'm having a little problem. I get check engine light at 250mv, I've since turned it down to 155mv. But here is the strange thing, I'm getting better mpg with it turned off. I connected to pin 4 of the o2 pigtails, I believe thats right. It may be that it goes into open-loop so I'm going to try 155mv for a while.

Have you had that code read? Is it a lean code?

You know I just reset the ECU. I've learned that I can turn the key on but not start then off, then on and off and on and in about 5 sec. the odometer will display the code.
On another forum a guy who says he is ASE certified says the black wire on the o2 is the signal wire ( pin 3 ) and not the grey ( pin 4 ) . I am connected in series with the grey ( pin 4 ) wire. Looking at my schematic shows that pin 4 should be signal. I'm going to be changing where I introduce the HHO on Sunday so I may as well try the black ( pin 3 ) while I'm at it. I'm also going to purchase a aeroforce scan gauge and monitor short term fuel trim and everything else. You know another possibility would be to leave it where it is and adjust the 2.5v bias. In that case I probably would need to reverse the signal on the EFIE. What do you think.
Russ
10-30-2008 06:02 AM
colchiro Offline

Sorry, I have no experience with an efie on the Dodge. I believe you have a low side and a high side, with the high side about 1 volt higher than the low. The efie should be on the high side, which should vary quickly and the low side should be a fixed voltage. At least that from what I recall of the Dodge high volt, narrow band o2.

Knowing what the code is can help toward fixing your problem too, instead of working in the dark.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-30-2008 06:24 AM
stl_hemi Offline

if you got a code I'd bet it was the lean o2 code bank 1 2nd sensor.

If your gonna try to tune to the ST fuel trim I'd like to know how it works for you.
I've been tuning off my LT fuel. It's easier to monitor. ST is all over the place like the o2 voltage. Still I'd like to know how it turn's out for you.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
10-30-2008 06:54 AM