Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE enhancers on Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter
Ronnie Crocker Offline

EFIE enhancers on Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter
Hi guys , sorry for the delay in response time but has been a couple of very busy weeks for me. I have not changed anything else on my truck just yet, just seeing what happens as I continue to put miles on. As of today I just filled up again and and I got 453 miles on a tank full of gas. It is hard for me to say how much of a gain this is because I am taking on more fuel now because I am filling my tank all the way full, until I see the gas stop going down in the fill spout. I know that I am adding more fuel than I used to when I was getting about 370 miles per tank full. My settings on th efie are still the same with no check engine lights or codes, starts off cold @195mv and climbs to about 350mv at normal running temperature. This usually takes 10 to 15 minutes and then the mv level off at 350. I wonder is this normal? When I installed my efie I went to autozone and had them show me a o2 sensors for my truck and inside the box where directions of several different options. The one that matched up to the color of wires on my truck was blue wire was signal wire white wire was 12v and the 2 black wires were for the grounds. So what I did was splice into the blue wire connected it to the green wire through the efie out with the white wire and back into the blue wire at the o2 sensor. Then black wire to ground at the battery from the efie and red wire to the 12v wire running my hho electrolyzer(fused 15 amp), this way when my efie indicator light is on I know that my hho unit is on and producing as well. It seems like my gains are slowly slipping and I want to try something that addresses my map sensor because I read in Mkes tuning for mileage this may happen because the load system of the engine senses something not normal and will not tolerate it, so your mileage gains may be taking back by your vehicle's adaptive memory. However, if you address the map sensor harmony is restored and your mileage gains will be for keeps. Has anyone tried this? Please respond with any ideas!!!
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2008 06:18 PM by Ronnie Crocker.)
11-04-2008 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stl_hemi Offline

RE: EFIE enhancers on Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 liter
ehhh good luck with the map enhancer. I have one on my Ram and it's a pita. I've turned it on at times driving down the hwy and the thing killed the motor on my. Shutting the truck down totally doing 65mph ain't my idea of fun. And it's wired up right. Cause at idle I can mess with it and stall the motor so I know it's right.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
11-05-2008 03:02 PM
Painless Offline

Hi Ronnie,

What year is your 4.7L Ram?

I have a 3rd generation Ram 4.7L (2006) and am struggling to even get it to acknowledge the presence of HHO, even at 2.3 LPM. I'm wondering, did you see any gains or losses before your electronic mods went in?

Wishing you success!

11-05-2008 05:39 PM
colchiro Offline

Hi Ronnie.

I have a few suggestions for you.

First quit thinking in terms of "miles per tank" and get more precise. Miles per gallon is a LOT more accurate and easier to see if your getting results. It also saves us the work of estimating what that is for mileage.

Second, yes it's normal for an efie to climb while it is warming up. This is to improve driveability when your vehicle is cold. It is not normal to run an efie at 350 mv. I hope you tried lower settings first and gradually decided this was the best place. Otherwise I'd suggest running closer to 150-200 and work your way up, 50 mv at a time.

Third, filling your tank to the top is NOT recommended, it can flood your vehicle's vapor control system and ruin your mileage until it can burn that off. I remove the gas nozzle from my vehicle when it first shuts off and use the same pump as much as possible. Overfilling can also cause a CEL on some vehicles.

Finally, your method of connecting to your o2 is unorthodox and I hope you confirmed the signal from your o2 sensor to ground (black efie jack to ground) is the rapidly changing .1 to 1 vdc.

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-05-2008 07:30 PM