Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE for volts instead of millivolts
Jeep Girl Offline

RE: EFIE for volts instead of millivolts
abe Wrote:
Jeep Girl Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:Ok, wasn't thinking of vinegar as an electrolyte.

You have two single efies? (I believe the Eagles are currently just singles.)

If you have 2 o2's before your catalytic converters, a double or 2 single efies are required. Just trying to make sure you don't have an efie connected to an o2 AFTER the cat, which might throw a code and isn't needed.

I have 2 singles and they are on the front side of the 2 cats.
Jeep Girl

I also have the same jeep. Look at the connector to your O2 sensor ,there should numbers on the connector 1 through 4. You want to be connecting to the No.4 lead this is the sensor wire.No1 on mine is green with a red strip No. 2 is brown with a white stripe. Cut these wires and hook on each end as per Instructions.Solder for good connection. I have mine set at 350 now, with no light but dont know where to high is,motor running good.

That is odd because my sensors have 2 white wires (#1 & #2), one black (#3) and one gray (#4). The colors may change after the harness, but I couldn't figure how to find them because of the way everything is stuffed into the engine compartment. I originally hooked up to the grey #4 wire right off the sensor and got no results. If you read all the posts you would see where Russ said I was on the wrong wire, should be on the black one (#3). I switched them over and immediately got an vast improvement on my mileage as measured by my jeep's computer readout. I am sure I am on the right wires. I am still having the CEL come on after I turn off the engine, and start it back up again, but will get a scan gauge reading Monday to see why.
Jeep Girl
11-09-2008 04:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abe Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:
abe Wrote:
Jeep Girl Wrote:

If you have 2 o2's before your catalytic converters, a double or 2 single efies are required. Just trying to make sure you don't have an efie connected to an o2 AFTER the cat, which might throw a code and isn't needed.

Jeep Girl

I also have the same jeep. Look at the connector to your O2 sensor ,there should numbers on the connector 1 through 4. You want to be connecting to the No.4 lead this is the sensor wire.No1 on mine is green with a red strip No. 2 is brown with a white stripe. Cut these wires and hook on each end as per Instructions.Solder for good connection. I have mine set at 350 now, with no light but dont know where to high is,motor running good.

That is odd because my sensors have 2 white wires (#1 & #2), one black (#3) and one gray (#4). The colors may change after the harness, but I couldn't figure how to find them because of the way everything is stuffed into the engine compartment. I originally hooked up to the grey #4 wire right off the sensor and got no results. If you read all the posts you would see where Russ said I was on the wrong wire, should be on the black one (#3). I switched them over and immediately got an vast improvement on my mileage as measured by my jeep's computer readout. I am sure I am on the right wires. I am still having the CEL come on after I turn off the engine, and start it back up again, but will get a scan gauge reading Monday to see why.
Jeep Girl

I'm sorry I was look at a 2000 Manual for a Grand Cherokee,on it No.3 would have been your Sensor Ground. I'm dont sure you count on your computer milage readout for true milage reading. Is not your EIFE trying to fool your computer.I'm just asking?
11-09-2008 06:31 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

abe Wrote:
Jeep Girl Wrote:
abe Wrote:
Jeep Girl Wrote:

Jeep Girl

Jeep Girl

I'm sorry I was look at a 2000 Manual for a Grand Cherokee,on it No.3 would have been your Sensor Ground. I'm dont sure you count on your computer milage readout for true milage reading. Is not your EIFE trying to fool your computer.I'm just asking?

Good question. I thought the computer calculated the mpg by the usage rate of the gas, since it also calculates the # of miles left in the tank, which I have found to be remarkably accurate when on long drives.
Jeep Girl
11-10-2008 05:55 AM
AlexR Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:Good question. I thought the computer calculated the mpg by the usage rate of the gas, since it also calculates the # of miles left in the tank, which I have found to be remarkably accurate when on long drives.
Jeep Girl

The computer does calculate your fuel flow. It reads the fuel injectors actually. It knows how long they are open and how much fuel flows in that time. These computers are very accurate, or so I have been told.

As a comparison the Scanguage only reads the sensors itself, hence the reason it does not accuratly calculate MPG's because you are fooling the sensors that it reads.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
11-10-2008 10:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jeep Girl Offline

I got a pocket scan gauge and it is reading PO152 which is O2 Sensor Circuit High Volts (bank 2, sensor1). It is not detecting the same problem on the other bank. I had turned the mv's down to zero on both EFIEs and still got the CEL coming on with this code. Now what do I do? I was hoping by putting it on zero mv I could get rid of the light since I am taking the car to the dealership for the leaking seal & gasket on Wed. and don't want to deal with their questions too.
Jeep Girl
11-10-2008 02:38 PM
colchiro Offline

Circuit high means the efie is too high.

Make sure you're adjusting and reading the efie when the car and efie have been running at least 10 minutes (when the reading stabilizes). It increases slowly during that time to improve cold starting and running. See "EFIE Installation Instructions" in my Documents link below, for info on reading and adjusting your efie.

Do you get a CEL with the unit off? That might be a way to prevent it from happening at the dealer.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 08:33 AM
stl_hemi Offline

This is the pin info for all DCX cars and trucks to my knowledge.
I have checked this out on my 04 Hemi, A friends 08 Hemi. My Brother's 06 Dakota 3.7l and my wife's 08 Caliber 2.0.

All of them are wired the same. From ruffly 2002 up once DCX went to the 4 wire o2's this has been the same.

This pinout is right from the DCX master book of Parts and how to disassemble and rebuild every part on the 04 Ram.

Attached File(s)
.doc  Doc202sensor.doc (Size: 39 KB / Downloads: 30)

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2008 09:57 AM by stl_hemi.)
11-11-2008 09:53 AM
realtyroy Offline

Just thinking out loud here but how long does the light stay on?
Could it possibly be in closed loop your booster isnt warmed up enough for the production of gas to work for your efie setting.

Another thought, since you only have this problem with one bank this might be a pain in the butt but if you switched the EFIE's around and now had the high voltage on the other side (bank) than I would think the problem would be with the EFIE. In other words if the problem (code) followed the EFIE than I would be looking more at that instead of your settings.

If its time to go see the dealer and you still have the light than save yourself some stress and just turn it off to avoid the BS you will hear from the service writer when you pick up your car.

Good Luck!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
11-11-2008 10:04 AM
Jeep Girl Offline

realtyroy Wrote:Just thinking out loud here but how long does the light stay on?
Could it possibly be in closed loop your booster isnt warmed up enough for the production of gas to work for your efie setting.

Another thought, since you only have this problem with one bank this might be a pain in the butt but if you switched the EFIE's around and now had the high voltage on the other side (bank) than I would think the problem would be with the EFIE. In other words if the problem (code) followed the EFIE than I would be looking more at that instead of your settings.

If its time to go see the dealer and you still have the light than save yourself some stress and just turn it off to avoid the BS you will hear from the service writer when you pick up your car.

Good Luck!

These are Eagle EFIEs and don't have an off switch. I turned the screw as far counterclockwise as I could. Should I also just disconnect the red and black wires so it doesn't get any power off the battery?
Jeep Girl
11-11-2008 01:24 PM
colchiro Offline

Mike's efie has a relay so when the power is turned off, the o2 is connected to the ecu, like it would be without the efie in the circuit.

You could try it, but I'm not familiar with the Eagle so that might just make it worse. I'd try it as-is.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 01:35 PM