Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE for volts instead of millivolts
abe Offline

RE: EFIE for volts instead of millivolts
I was worndering where they put your cell.You said it was installed by a pro, as I stated I also have athe same model Jeep. I counldn"t find room in the engine comparment. I had to hang mine under the front to the stableliser bar. I not crazy about that but did not see any other way.
Thank You, ABE
11-11-2008 06:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bluescout Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:I got a pocket scan gauge and it is reading PO152 which is O2 Sensor Circuit High Volts (bank 2, sensor1). It is not detecting the same problem on the other bank. I had turned the mv's down to zero on both EFIEs and still got the CEL coming on with this code. Now what do I do? I was hoping by putting it on zero mv I could get rid of the light since I am taking the car to the dealership for the leaking seal & gasket on Wed. and don't want to deal with their questions too.
Jeep Girl

If you have turned the ER EFIEs all the way off you should hear a very faint click when you get to the end of the 20 turn limit . After doing that , disconnect the negative battery terminal under the hood and leave it off for about a min to clear the CEL error , see if that works for you .
11-11-2008 07:20 PM
Jeep Girl Offline

abe Wrote:I was worndering where they put your cell.You said it was installed by a pro, as I stated I also have athe same model Jeep. I counldn"t find room in the engine comparment. I had to hang mine under the front to the stableliser bar. I not crazy about that but did not see any other way.
Thank You, ABE

The MagDrive unit was installed by a pro. He put the block in front of the radiator, and the reservoir against the firewall on the passenger side. The top is very close to the engine lid. He put one screw into the firewall (left side) and used a zip-tie to attach the right side to a metal tube (fuel line? I don't remember). The EFIEs were installed by me.
The Eagle EFIEs are the size of a matchbook so I put them inside the 2 open compartments inside the smaller of the fuse boxes in the engine compartment. I notched the side of the box so the wires could go out, but the top still closes tightly.
Jeep Girl
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2008 06:20 PM by Jeep Girl.)
11-12-2008 03:42 PM
abe Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:
abe Wrote:I was worndering where they put your cell.You said it was installed by a pro, as I stated I also have athe same model Jeep. I counldn"t find room in the engine comparment. I had to hang mine under the front to the stableliser bar. I not crazy about that but did not see any other way.
Thank You, ABE

The MagDrive unit was installed by a pro. He put the block in front of the radiator, and the reservoir against the firewall on the passenger side. The top is very close to the engine lid. He put one screw ito the firewall (left side) and used a zip-tie to attach the right side to a metal tube (fuel line? I don't remember). The EFIEs were installed by me.
The Eagle EFIEs are the size of a matchbook so I put them inside the 2 open compartments inside the smaller of the fuse boxes in the engine compartment. I notched the side of the box so the wires could go out, but the top still closes tightly.
Jeep Girl

Thank You That sounds a little better than where I put mine. I'll check that out.
Abe
11-12-2008 05:43 PM
alpha-dog Offline

Jeep Girl Wrote:
abe Wrote:
Jeep Girl Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:Ok, wasn't thinking of vinegar as an electrolyte.

You have two single efies? (I believe the Eagles are currently just singles.)

If you have 2 o2's before your catalytic converters, a double or 2 single efies are required. Just trying to make sure you don't have an efie connected to an o2 AFTER the cat, which might throw a code and isn't needed.

I have 2 singles and they are on the front side of the 2 cats.
Jeep Girl

I also have the same jeep. Look at the connector to your O2 sensor ,there should numbers on the connector 1 through 4. You want to be connecting to the No.4 lead this is the sensor wire.No1 on mine is green with a red strip No. 2 is brown with a white stripe. Cut these wires and hook on each end as per Instructions.Solder for good connection. I have mine set at 350 now, with no light but dont know where to high is,motor running good.

That is odd because my sensors have 2 white wires (#1 & #2), one black (#3) and one gray (#4). The colors may change after the harness, but I couldn't figure how to find them because of the way everything is stuffed into the engine compartment. I originally hooked up to the grey #4 wire right off the sensor and got no results. If you read all the posts you would see where Russ said I was on the wrong wire, should be on the black one (#3). I switched them over and immediately got an vast improvement on my mileage as measured by my jeep's computer readout. I am sure I am on the right wires. I am still having the CEL come on after I turn off the engine, and start it back up again, but will get a scan gauge reading Monday to see why.
Jeep Girl

On Mopars you can turn your key on but not start then off, then on again, then off and finally back on but not start within about 5 sec.s and your odometer will display any error ( obd2 ) codes. ------- means there are no codes.
By the way thats pin 4 the black wire on your o2 sensor. I had the pin number wrong and color right.
Russ
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2008 07:08 PM by alpha-dog.)
11-12-2008 07:04 PM
abe Offline

alpha-dog Wrote:
Jeep Girl Wrote:
abe Wrote:
Jeep Girl Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:Ok, wasn't thinking of vinegar as an electrolyte.

You have two single efies? (I believe the Eagles are currently just singles.)

If you have 2 o2's before your catalytic converters, a double or 2 single efies are required. Just trying to make sure you don't have an efie connected to an o2 AFTER the cat, which might throw a code and isn't needed.

I have 2 singles and they are on the front side of the 2 cats.
Jeep Girl

I also have the same jeep. Look at the connector to your O2 sensor ,there should numbers on the connector 1 through 4. You want to be connecting to the No.4 lead this is the sensor wire.No1 on mine is green with a red strip No. 2 is brown with a white stripe. Cut these wires and hook on each end as per Instructions.Solder for good connection. I have mine set at 350 now, with no light but dont know where to high is,motor running good.

That is odd because my sensors have 2 white wires (#1 & #2), one black (#3) and one gray (#4). The colors may change after the harness, but I couldn't figure how to find them because of the way everything is stuffed into the engine compartment. I originally hooked up to the grey #4 wire right off the sensor and got no results. If you read all the posts you would see where Russ said I was on the wrong wire, should be on the black one (#3). I switched them over and immediately got an vast improvement on my mileage as measured by my jeep's computer readout. I am sure I am on the right wires. I am still having the CEL come on after I turn off the engine, and start it back up again, but will get a scan gauge reading Monday to see why.
Jeep Girl

On Mopars you can turn your key on but not start then off, then on again, then off and finally back on but not start within about 5 sec.s and your odometer will display any error ( obd2 ) codes. ------- means there are no codes.
By the way thats pin 4 the black wire on your o2 sensor. I had the pin number wrong and color right.
Russ

You may have fixed this by know but I found if I turn my EFIE down to much the HHO I'm adding turns my engin light on. You might have it hooked up right but turned down to low for the amount of HHo your makeing. Good luck
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2008 02:55 PM by abe.)
12-03-2008 02:52 PM
saltmine Offline

RENIX oxygen sensors read Volts. They start off high (reference voltage is 5 Volts) and when they warm up, they start pulling the voltage down...High for rich, low for lean. Chrysler has been using them for quite a while...that's why the thing is reading Volts instead of millivolts.
The generic oxygen sensors almost everybody is familiar with actually generate as small voltage while in contact with the exhaust stream, the active element is Rhodium. On a RENIX sensor they have to be fed a reference voltage, and the active element (titanium) increases resistance as the exhaust gets leaner, and decreases resistance when it goes richer....RENIX system oxygen sensors don't generate any voltage on their own.
02-02-2009 05:17 PM