Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE in 02 Yukon
hd_rigger Offline

EFIE in 02 Yukon
I am having trouble locating the singnal wire. The book as two wires going to the pcm, a tan/wht and a ppl/wht. I have tried to probe the wire to take readings while the truck was running and did not get the same results for both o2 senors. Also I try to do a continuity check from the O2 sensor plug to where I was going to tie the EFIE in at and I got no reading. Any help here would be great. This would be a lot easier I think if I wasn't color blind
08-01-2008 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark Blab Offline

RE: EFIE in 02 Yukon
The secondary O2 sensor is not involved with fuel delivery it is only for confirm ok cat function test. your signal wire should read on the multimeter millivolt setting between 200 mv- 800mv this wire is the wire you should be concerned with, test the wire while vehicle is warmed up, have assistant give the car or truck some gas then decelerate if meter readings go up and down in relation to accel/decel you know your in the rite place.
08-01-2008 03:47 PM
colchiro Offline

Mark, I assume hd has a V6 or V8 in which case there's probably a L & R sensor.

You're right tho, there should be a wire that varies a lot and has a voltage between 0 and 1 volts (or 0 and 1000 mv).

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-01-2008 04:23 PM
hd_rigger Offline

Mark Blab Wrote:The secondary O2 sensor is not involved with fuel delivery it is only for confirm ok cat function test. your signal wire should read on the multimeter millivolt setting between 200 mv- 800mv this wire is the wire you should be concerned with, test the wire while vehicle is warmed up, have assistant give the car or truck some gas then decelerate if meter readings go up and down in relation to accel/decel you know your in the rite place.

There are 4 O2 senors on the truck. I have only been dealing with pre cat. In the book I have one wire to ground one wire to power and two wires to the pcm. I though I found the signal wire as being ppl/wht but when I tested the other O2 senor It give a totaly diffrent reading. I am going to work with it some more to day and see what I come up with.
08-02-2008 05:06 AM