Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE installation for Mercedes S320
Cooper Offline

EFIE installation for Mercedes S320
Dear Mike,

I am communicating with Mercedes "experts" on the JustAnswer website for help identifying the signal wires from each oxygen sensor within the engine compartment instead of at the sensors themselves. According to the expert, his wiring diagram identifies two wires coming from the sensor in addition to the heater positive and ground as a "high side" and a "low side" signal. In your instructions you clearly call these remaining two wires as a signal and a ground. In this other terminology, do you know which is which? Is the high side to mean the signal? And the low side to mean ground?

The expert further states that the downstream oxygen sensor's signal wire goes through a relay instead of the ECM.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cooper
04-28-2010 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE installation for Mercedes S320
Yes, absolutely. The high side is the signal. The low side is the signal ground. However, it's always best to measure the wire you've identified to be sure it behaves like a sensor signal wire. See the video at the end of section 1 of the instructions. It will show you what you should see.

Diagrams can be mistaken, wire colors can be difficult to see due to age and dirt, etc. It's always best to verify each signal wire you've identified. It takes only a few minutes, and will save a great deal of wasted effort later. This is experience talking.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-29-2010 02:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NanoCar Offline
Driving makes me Crazy

(04-29-2010 02:53 PM)mike Wrote:  Yes, absolutely. The high side is the signal. The low side is the signal ground. However, it's always best to measure the wire you've identified to be sure it behaves like a sensor signal wire. See the video at the end of section 1 of the instructions. It will show you what you should see.

Diagrams can be mistaken, wire colors can be difficult to see due to age and dirt, etc. It's always best to verify each signal wire you've identified. It takes only a few minutes, and will save a great deal of wasted effort later. This is experience talking.

This is pretty helpful.. thanks mate.. Smile I found really some good thread here.. anyway, im getting confused about this Crank Position Sensor.. please check the description.. and is the price too much? thanks.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 06:52 PM by NanoCar.)
10-09-2010 01:58 AM
aver Offline

I am sure the guidance he got from Mike must have really helped him with the issue of identifying the wires for the EFIE installation for the Mercedes S320!! It’s such a relief that we places like this where we can come and help each other by asking and clearing our doubts!!

Plastic Injection Molding
12-18-2010 01:00 AM