Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE is on the fritz ???
niemenen Offline

EFIE is on the fritz ???
Hi Mike,

Just got my Circuit Board Single EFIE. Wanted to test it before installing in my car. Connected it's black and red wires to a 12V power supply. Connected the white wire (voltage offset) to one of the multimeter leads, connected the other multimeter lead to ground. Didn't touch the green wire. No need.

At first I could see the multimeter showing 180 - 200 millivolts. Which is fine. Then I wanted to see a close-up of the circuit board and and put my fingers all over it (while is was still connected to the power supply), and I inmediatelly noticed the multimeter going crazy. Now when I make the same test as described above it jumps beween 10 - 30 millivolts. Doesn't even respond to the adjustment of the potentiometer.

Do you think I f....d things up (short circuit or something..) by touching the CB while powered? Electronics is not my field so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks a lot,

Discovery I SE7 4.0L V8
11-06-2008 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE is on the fritz ???
This will not work. You must measure the white against the green wire. The output voltage that is produced across the white and green wires is a floating voltage. It's not tied to ground in any way. This is be design so it can ride on top of the oxygen sensor's voltage. But this also means that it will not have a voltage when measured against ground (the black wire).

Don't worry, you didn't mess anything up. Just measure the output voltage across the white and green wires.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-07-2008 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
livehho Offline

mike Wrote:This will not work. You must measure the white against the green wire. The output voltage that is produced across the white and green wires is a floating voltage. It's not tied to ground in any way. This is be design so it can ride on top of the oxygen sensor's voltage. But this also means that it will not have a voltage when measured against ground (the black wire).

Don't worry, you didn't mess anything up. Just measure the output voltage across the white and green wires.

So black and red to the power supply. White and green against each other. i'll give it a shot. thanks.
11-07-2008 02:31 PM
colchiro Offline

White and green connect to your meter.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-07-2008 02:49 PM
niemenen Offline

colchiro Wrote:White and green connect to your meter.

right

Discovery I SE7 4.0L V8
11-07-2008 07:17 PM
niemenen Offline

mike Wrote:This will not work. You must measure the white against the green wire. The output voltage that is produced across the white and green wires is a floating voltage. It's not tied to ground in any way. This is be design so it can ride on top of the oxygen sensor's voltage. But this also means that it will not have a voltage when measured against ground (the black wire).

WORKED LIKE A CHARM !! thanks

Discovery I SE7 4.0L V8
11-07-2008 07:22 PM