Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE isn't working
Haggai Offline

EFIE isn't working
Dear Friends,

I installed an HHO system two month ago in my Renault Megane II, 2008, 1600cc, fuel engine.
My HHO system produces 1.5 Liter per minute and works just fine.
Volo Mileage chip was also installed to adjust oxygen sensor’s signal and communicate with car’s computer but unfortunately didn’t function as expected and therefore, I have purchased a digital EFIE from fuel saver.

Since I couldn’t find any manual or wiring diagram, I tried to allocate the signal wires of each sensor (there are two in this car, each with 4 wires) according to EFIE installation instructions by measuring each wire. The results were different from expected values as described in the installation instructions and since each sensor has 4 wires (Black, Gray, White, White), I decided to connect the black wires to the EFIE because according to the sensors list provided in Fuel saver, those should be the signal + wires.

I connected the EFIE power to 12V (after ignition switch) and ground directly to battery.
After few minutes of engine running and HHO operating, I switched on the EFIE and notice that led’s aren’t blinking (Red and Green). When measured the probes I received value only on downstream sensor and 0 on the upstream but noticed that engine became sluggish and fuel started to drip from exhaust.

I triple checked my all connections and it’s according to installation instructions.
The bottom line is an HHO system working but EFIE which can’t be adjust and isn’t communicating with car’s computer.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help in advance

Haggai
10-18-2011 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE isn't working
First of all, you should measure the voltages on the black and the gray wires. I don't see any voltages reported. But the 2 white wires will be heaters, so you have correctly ignored those. The other 2 should show ground or near 0 volts on one wire, and the other wire should show a fluctuating voltage between 0 and 1 volt. It will change rapidly while the engine is running, but not show any voltage is the engine is off.

The one with voltage will be the signal wire.

Since you are reporting that you see 0 volts coming from the sensor, it appears that you have selected the ground wire instead of the signal wire. This will not work.

When correctly installed, you'll seen the green LEDs blink when the engine is running.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-20-2011 08:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AngelaElmer Offline

I found a HHO EFIE Chip, it is way easyer, just plug and play...
specific vehicle programmed for HHO generator usage. Getting the most out of your tank.
No guess work, like on normal EFIE modules...
this is an automatic hho chip tuner flasher..

Kitchen design
10-21-2011 10:55 PM
Haggai Offline

(10-21-2011 10:55 PM)AngelaElmer Wrote:  I found a HHO EFIE Chip, it is way easyer, just plug and play...
specific vehicle programmed for HHO generator usage. Getting the most out of your tank.
No guess work, like on normal EFIE modules...
this is an automatic hho chip tuner flasher..

Hi Angela,
Thanks for your response.
What type of chip you're talking about ?
I initialy installed Volo chip preprogramed for my model and it didn't work... so if you have something else, I'll be happy to know.
Thanks again
Haggai
10-22-2011 07:46 AM
Haggai Offline

(10-20-2011 08:36 AM)mike Wrote:  First of all, you should measure the voltages on the black and the gray wires. I don't see any voltages reported. But the 2 white wires will be heaters, so you have correctly ignored those. The other 2 should show ground or near 0 volts on one wire, and the other wire should show a fluctuating voltage between 0 and 1 volt. It will change rapidly while the engine is running, but not show any voltage is the engine is off.

The one with voltage will be the signal wire.

Since you are reporting that you see 0 volts coming from the sensor, it appears that you have selected the ground wire instead of the signal wire. This will not work.

When correctly installed, you'll seen the green LEDs blink when the engine is running.

Hi Mike and thank you for your quick response.

I have taken measurements before EFIE was connected of all wires on both up/downstream sensors and sent it to your technical support for review. Results were as follow:

Upstream:
Black – 0.11v – 0.72v (variable)
Gray – 0.01v (fixed)
White – 13.7v (fixed)
White - 0.37v (fixed)

Downstream:
Black – 0.39v (fixed)
Gray – 0.01v (fixed)
White – 13.74v (fixed)
White - 13.72v (fixed)

As you can see, the measurements provided a result which doesn’t look like the expected results, it makes me confused and therefore I decided to relay on wire’s colors.
Is it possible that downstream sensor is working as it should ?

Another concern is the power to the EFIE.
When I first connected the power and ground to the EFIE, prior to connecting the sensor’s wires, I didn’t get any response from the red light (power), it didn’t turned on (although I double checked and it received 13.5V) and I suspected it’s not working at all.

In addition, I want to clarify something that bothers me and I read it in a few threads between the lines. You said a few times that in some models or in a newer car’s computers, there’s a minimum amount of fuel allowed and by the computer which is programmed limited not to provide less than that limited amount. In this case does it mean that nothing can be improved in fuel saving and that my efforts was worthless? Is there any other solution to bypass that limitation (if exists) ?

Haggai
10-22-2011 10:57 PM
mike Offline

No, those measurements show that everything is fine. The black wires are your signal wires. The reason you see a fixed voltage on the downstream sensor is that the cat makes changes to the exhaust stream that causes the signal to stop fluctuating. If you watched that downstream black wire for a longer period of time, you would see that it changes, but does so very slowly.

If you have no red light on the EFIE, then check both the power and the ground. If those are OK, then it would be a faulty EFIE. But check carefully. We test each EFIE before they leave the shop, and very few subsequently fail. So to avoid delays, check your connections at power and ground very carefully. But if the light is out, get it back in to us. We'll get you a new unit.

As to the minimum fuel from the computer - no. That doesn't mean you can't get gains. What that means is that you can't drop the idle down and lug down the engine. But that's not where you would want to set the EFIE anyway. No, the only reason we mention that is because many cars won't lug down when you increase the EFIE's effect the way older cars will. It makes people think the EFIE is not working, when it actually is.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-24-2011 07:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply