Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE issue
randolphoralph Offline

EFIE issue
I have installed the Dual EFIE that I purchased from you per the installation instructions. The EFIE allows me to adjust the volts up and down on the 1st O2 sensor. The EFIE will not adjust the volts on the 2nd O2 sensor. I have used the EFIE's black and red ports to test the voltage that the 2nd O2 sensor and computer are receiving and it ranges from .3 to .8 volts. Please help.
04-26-2008 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE issue
It's possible that the EFIE is faulty, but I can't recall the last time I had a faulty EFIE come back. Almost always it's something else. But if it IS the EFIE, I surely will make it right for you.

Before we do a return, are you sure that the 2nd EFIE is being used on an oxygen sensor, and not an AFR (air/fuel ratio) sensor? Are you sure that you have the signal wire? and that it's hooked up correctly? Measure the black test port to ground with the sensor off and the engine running (and warmed up). Do you see the rapidly changing voltages that we expect to see from a healthy oxygen sensor? You should get voltages in the range of .3 to .8, constantly changing.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-26-2008 01:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randolphoralph Offline

I have verified that the 2nd EFIE is being used on a O2 sensor and not a AFR. I checked to make sure that it was connected to the signal wire and that it is hooked up correctly. I measured the black test port to ground with the sensor off and the engine running (and warmed up) and the voltages were in the range of .3 to .8, constantly changing.
04-27-2008 06:47 AM
mike Offline

Last question: What are you reading between the red and black test ports on EFIE 2?

Visit Our Documents Page
04-27-2008 10:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randolphoralph Offline

On the 2nd O2 sensor on the red and black ports I am reading .000 volts.
04-27-2008 11:40 AM
mike Offline

Please send it back to me by cheapest post.

I'll send you a new one.

I'll bet it has a bad connection at the wiring harness insulation displacement connector on one of the wires. Either that or it got zapped some how. I think reverse 12 volts on the main capacitor will nuke the cap and short out the circuit.

Please send me a PM or email with your actual name and address.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-27-2008 05:32 PM
randolphoralph Offline

I just wanted to say Thank You for the great customer service and very quick response.
04-27-2008 06:04 PM
mike Offline

You're welcome. Smile

Visit Our Documents Page
04-27-2008 06:44 PM
Maxy Offline

No Problem....Its hard for me to take a step back and see it from others points of view that are not familiar with the device. That is the Main reason I had it rewritten by someone from that perspective.
02-09-2011 08:18 PM