Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE only
midnight1957 Offline

EFIE only
Hi guys, I am new to this forum but I am very interested in it and increasing my mileage on my 2005 Ford F150 with a 5.4 engine.
I have read that by installing an EFIE only will boost mileage a good amount, is there any truth to this?
I do plan to install a htdrogen generator soon but wanted to do one test at a time. Presently I an trying the acetone, xylene and mothballs to see what difference it will make.
Does anyone sell the Efie on this forum?

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade
07-15-2008 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: EFIE only
You shouldn't use the EFIE alone, it needs to be used with some modifyer.
07-15-2008 09:54 PM
rekline Offline

I have a 01 f-250 446ci turbo diesel, have raised from 16 city to 20 by eam dryflow filter in original box & by making original box a cool air intake by extending it with some cutting , to a location just behind the grille. also raised iat sensor input temp. to ecu, also installed high flow mufller with dual exhaust. Please explain to me the exylene/acetone adding to fuel what it has done for your mpg's & if it works on a diesel.
rick
07-19-2008 04:01 AM
rawsonjenkins Offline

rekline, What exactly did you mean when you say you raised your iat sensor input temp to the ecu? How did you do that & what temp did you raise it from & what temp did you raise it to? Rawson J.
07-19-2008 06:19 AM
colchiro Offline

Rawson, check out my Tuning for Mileage link.

It's recommended to raise the intake air and coolant temp sensors by 10 degrees by adding a resistor (usually about 10k) to each.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-19-2008 03:12 PM
rekline Offline

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieInstall.html
This link will explain to you how and why you raise the iat {intake air temp.} I don't have a scan guage so exactly what the ecu input temp. is reading i don't know. Technically it sets the overall parimeters for leaning with the o2 sensor. iat high,ecu sees lean condition, ect{engine coolant temp.} high reading , ecu sees leaning condition, MAF sensor input low, ecu sees leaning condition.
can't vouge how well it works am still in testing stages.
rick

rawsonjenkins Wrote:rekline, What exactly did you mean when you say you raised your iat sensor input temp to the ecu? How did you do that & what temp did you raise it from & what temp did you raise it to? Rawson J.
07-19-2008 03:31 PM