Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE or MAP sensor adjuster?
stevef Offline

EFIE or MAP sensor adjuster?
Hello, all,

Well, this is a question from a neophyte. Is it better to go with an EFIE or a MAP sensor adjuster? Here are my particulars:

2002 Jeep Wrangler 4cyl, 2.5 liter. Two O2 sensors total: one on exhaust manifold; one on catalytic converter case.

Engine Modifications:
1. Brown's gas generator (the 2-quart-jars variety).
2. K&N-type air filter.
3. Fitch Fuel Catalyst.
4. Bored-out throttle body and spacer.

Yep, the gas generator worked and gave immediate results. Yep, the results are disappearing even as I type. I suspect the other mods are working halfheartedly at best, although they all helped at least a little at the first.

Any help choosing an adjuster would be welcome; I've already read your introductory info on your site, and it's great.

Thanks!
(Puzzled in Austin)
03-12-2008 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE or MAP sensor adjuster?
It's better to go with both EFIE and MAP sensor adjustments. Make sure your oxygen sensor isn't an AFR (air fuel ratio) sensor, or wideband oxygen sensor. If it's an AFR sensor it should call it such in your manual. If it's a wideband sensor it'll have 5 wires. If it has 4 wires and is not an AFR sensor, then it's a narrow band oxygen sensor. If you have this, then you need an EFIE. That's probably the first and most important sensor adjustment you need to do.

Then you can start adjusting the other sensors and improve your gains further. See this link for 3 pages of info on sensor adjustments.

Good luck with your project.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2008 07:27 PM by mike.)
03-12-2008 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iburnh2o Offline

I believe Jeep stopped using NB (narrow band) O2's some time ago and you'd have an AFR sensor. If so the EFIE won't work. AFR's work on either fixed amps with variable volts or fixed volts with variable amps depening on the application. EFIEs work on NB and most (perhaps all?) WB O2's.
03-19-2008 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

iburnh2o Wrote:I believe Jeep stopped using NB (narrow band) O2's some time ago and you'd have an AFR sensor. If so the EFIE won't work. AFR's work on either fixed amps with variable volts or fixed volts with variable amps depening on the application. EFIEs work on NB and most (perhaps all?) WB O2's.

I've never heard of AFR sensors using variable volts. It would seem that an EFIE would work in that case. But I've not seen anything on these. I've only seen the variable current type. Do you have any more info these?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-19-2008 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply