Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EFIE voltages changing
albi1cnobi1 Offline

Question EFIE voltages changing
I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing what I am. When I set up my efie, and check it a couple of days later one of the settings has changed considerably. I have the dual efie deluxe and I have it set to about 220mv on both sides. When I check it again a day or 2 later one side has jumped up to about 250-260mv. Is this telling me something, maybe one of my o2 sensors going bad or is the efie malfunctioning. It is always the same side of the efie. Any help would be great. I'm supposed to leave on a 900 or so mile round trip drive next weekend so I'd like to get a handle on this. Thanks in advance, Al
09-11-2009 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: EFIE voltages changing
I doubt seriously it's the EFIE, but one way to check is to swap the EFIE circuits and see if the problem now shows up on the other EFIE. I think that's what you'll find. However, if the problem stays on the same EFIE, then that indicates there's a problem with our device, and we will need to take care of it for you.

But what I suspect is happening is that there is current being introduced into that circuit. And if that's the case, you'll just have to set it for the best possible setting that will maintain a workable voltage level for your application.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-11-2009 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
albi1cnobi1 Offline

Question RE: EFIE voltages changing
(09-11-2009 01:50 PM)mike Wrote:  I doubt seriously it's the EFIE, but one way to check is to swap the EFIE circuits and see if the problem now shows up on the other EFIE. I think that's what you'll find. However, if the problem stays on the same EFIE, then that indicates there's a problem with our device, and we will need to take care of it for you.

But what I suspect is happening is that there is current being introduced into that circuit. And if that's the case, you'll just have to set it for the best possible setting that will maintain a workable voltage level for your application.

Thanks Mike,

I've never heard of that but then again I've never really messed with o2 sensors before either. Any idea what could cause that, maybe sensor going bad. One of them was replaced but I don't remember which one. The original one has 170,000 on it and the other one probably has 100,000. Think I should replace them anyway? Thanks again Mike
09-11-2009 02:59 PM
colchiro Offline

I bet if you look at the wires on both closely, it might be obvious which one is older.

Since we usually recommend replacing them between 50k and 100k miles (and always by 100k), it sounds like you're due.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
09-11-2009 03:28 PM
albi1cnobi1 Offline

Maybe I'll just replace them and go from there, Thanks Rick
09-11-2009 03:34 PM
colchiro Offline

Any time.

Update us when you get that done.

It's not unusual to get a gain in mileage after replacing them. Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
09-11-2009 03:41 PM
albi1cnobi1 Offline

I'll probably have to re-adjust after I relace them, right. My guess is the settings will be different.
09-11-2009 05:04 PM
colchiro Offline

That would be my guess.

Rick

09-11-2009 05:23 PM
albi1cnobi1 Offline

(09-11-2009 05:23 PM)colchiro Wrote:  That would be my guess.

Maybe I can get that done this weekend and I'll let you guys know. Thanks to both of you for all the input.

Al
09-11-2009 05:27 PM
colchiro Offline

Have fun.

Rick

09-11-2009 05:34 PM